Charles Warren Academy is a "good" school!
Staff and pupils are celebrating their best ever inspection result after Ofsted graded Charles Warren Academy “Good” in March 2018.
The Academy has officially been awarded a “Good” grade in a glowing report by inspectors:
“All groups of pupils make good progress and by the time they leave they are well prepared for the next stage of their education.”
“The behaviour of pupils is good. They get on well together.”
“There is a strong ambition to raise achievement for all pupils. This is communicated effectively to all staff by the Principal.”
Ofsted inspectors’ key findings were that:
- Pupils behave well in lessons and around the school. The school is a cohesive community and there are good quality relationships at all levels
- Teaching assistants are trained well and work well with smaller groups of pupils to question carefully, check how well pupils are doing with their work and deepen their understanding
- There has been a rapid improvement in the development of pupils’ skills in understanding letters and sounds
- Higher-ability pupils are sufficiently challenged at the school and the rapid changes in achievement, particularly at Key Stage 1, and the outstanding progress some individual pupils have made demonstrate this
- Teachers have high expectations of pupils’ progress.
- Pupils are courteous and polite
- Pupils say they feel safe and know that there is always an adult they can talk to
The Academy was singled out for the way it manages a fully inclusive environment, “Pupils who have much more difficulty in managing their behaviour for themselves receive bespoke support. The school knows the community which it serves well and works closely with families.”
You can read our report here: