“ My frame was not hidden from you
when I was made in the secret place,
when I was woven together in the depths of the earth.
Your eyes saw my unformed body;
all the days ordained for me were written in your book
before one of them came to be.”
- Psalm 139: 15-16
Name: Claudia Rodas
- Middle School: MS Math teacher
- Subjects: Math
- Activities: Math teacher for 6th, 7th and 8th grade
- Years in Education: 5 years
PROFESSIONAL/QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor of Biochemistry
- Masters in Immunology.
- Doctoral degree in Medical Microbiology
- International Pedagogic Licence, University of Copenhagen
- International Science Niva 1 och 2, Karolinska Institute. Sweden
- Professional Experience:
- Lecturer Teaching of Microbiology and Parasitology School of Dentistry Bolivia.
- Invited Teacher in the field of Molecular Biology. Warsaw, Poland.
- Lecturer for Cytohistology. Gothenburg, Sweden.
- Professor of support from the Matters of Biology and Chemistry. Gothenburg, Sweden.
- Responsible Area Microbiology and Quality Control "Delta Laboratories SA," La Paz, Bolivia
- Researcher at the Department of enterobacteria and epidemiological control of prevalence of different pathogens causing diarrhea in Copenhagen, Denmark.
- Middle School Math and Science Teacher. La Paz, Bolivia.
Not many people know this but I was always fascinated with Science and Math and I always dreamed of traveling far far away from Bolivia to study. I got the opportunity to study and work in Sweden and travel around Europe which was one of the most amazing experience that I could ever have asked for. I never thought I could have a doctorate degree but I did and it was a lot of work but worth the effort.
My experience working with kids started with my beautiful nephew, Sebastian, and engaged him with experiments, with games related to math and I knew that I love teaching small kids and combine it with everything that they could teach me.
I love cooking! I can get a recipe and create a new one with ingredients that I have and make a new dish. I like to decorate and I found out that I am really good at it. I used to live 10 years by myself and I found a “charm” to live alone and about 2 years now, I got my own place that I can cook and I can decorate :)
I always get together with my family and friends and I believe that is the best weekend that I can have if I share special moments with special people. I speak 3 languages: Spanish, English and Swedish and now I am learning German. Love to travel and I am always looking a good reason to invite people over to my place.