"The fact that children can make beautiful music, is less significant than the fact that music can make beautiful children” - Cheryl Lavender
- Name: Denisse Barron P.
- Activities: Music teacher, Extracurricular Activities Coordinator, and Architect.
- Years in Education: 12 (6 at ACS)
subject: General Music & BAND
PROFESSIONAL/QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor of Science in Architecture and Urban Planning.
- Master's in Project Management.
- Master's in Musical Education.
- Member of the National Association for Music Educators NAFME.
- Quaver's Marvelous World of Music, Level 1 - 2 - 3 - 4.
- Professional training:
- Music Standards Bootcamp (Solutions Music Group).
- “I can” … How targeted goals can Enhance Music Education.
- Assessment - A Partnership Between Students and Teacher.
- Building Better Bands and Young Musicians.
- Assessing Quality Teaching and Learning in Music Classrooms.
- Standard Based Grading - Sue Easton.
- Applying developmentally appropriate practice to Early Childhood Music Learning.
I started playing the piano when I was 4 years old, I didn't have a piano at the time, my parents told me I was so desperate to have one that I painted the keys of the piano on my desk in order to practice. That's when I got my first piano.
I was offered a musical scholarship to Juilliard which I regretfully declined. I taught piano for 9 years and in 2014 I started the after school Music Program at ACS.
As far as I can remember I have been passionate about THE ARTS.
I enjoy designing all sorts of things, from posters to houses. I also enjoy playing piano, listening to music, and photography. I love candies, especially dark chocolate and gummy bears.