Access the Guidance Program FAMILY CONNECTION----------> HERE
Download the Family Connection Handbook HERE.
Naviance/ Family Connection is a comprehensive web-based college & career-planning portal for Jenkintown Middle/High school students, parents, teachers and school counselors.
Within Family Connection, students have access to Career Planning Resources that assess a student’s goals, skills, knowledge, values, and interests. This in turn helps the student to focus on making better academic and personal decisions by connecting those decisions with personal career goals and interests.
Not only that, but students and parents can review academic and admission data for colleges across the United States. In addition, Naviance builds a history of Jenkintown application trends and acceptance histories. This data helps both students, counselors, and teachers grasp emerging trends in application results to better guide students towards realistic college planning.
Through Naviance, counselors and students can communicate about upcoming deadlines and important notices.
Students can also search for scholarships, explore careers, create a resume, take interest inventories and investigate their learning style.
What can you do in Family Connection?
1. Home Page: View school updates and links from Jenkintown, read and send messages to your school counselor
2. Colleges Tab: Research colleges and scholarships, build your “Colleges I’m Thinking About” list and “Colleges I’m Applying To” list, request teacher recommendations and transcripts for college applications
3. Careers Tab: Complete personal and career interest assessments, research careers, build favorite career lists.
4. About Me: Take surveys, create a resume, view your GPA, and record personal journal entries
5. My Planner: Set academic and personal goals, create personal tasks, view and complete school assigned tasks.