Address: Jenkintown High School, 325 Highland Ave., Jenkintown, PA 19044
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org | Telephone: (215) 884-1801 x 214 | Fax: (215) 886-2283
- Click HERE for the Guidance Calendar of Events
- (NEW) Open to all 9th, 10th, and 11th Grade Students------> Sign up TODAY for the FREE Mock ACT (Sponsored by Revolution Prep) - Tuesday, May 16th, 2017, 8am to 12:30pm in High School - Location TBD. Students are off on this day so why not use this time to take a practice ACT. Click HERE for more information. You must register prior to this event!
Please call or e-mail Giulia Hollister at 717-689- 4918 or e-mail her at email@example.com to sign up for the exam and schedule your score report review session.
- (NEW) Open to all Students K-12: Free 4 hours of Academic Tutoring: Through a partnership with Jenkintown High School, Revolution Prep is offering all Students K-12 in the Jenkintown School District 4-hours of FREE Academic Tutoring. This is a TIME SENSITIVE offer and must be redeemed by April 13th, 2017. Click HERE for more information.
- (NEW) SAT/ACT Test Prep Solutions:
- Revolution Prep is offering affordable SAT/ACT Prep starting at $299, click HERE for more information.
- Khan Academy FREE SAT Test Prep: Don't forget----->Every student who took the PSAT/NMSQT in October 2016 has access to a free, personalized SAT practice plan based on their PSAT/NMSQT results. All they need to do is to create and connect their Khan Academy and College Board accounts. Need help getting started? Watch this short video for step by step instructions on linking your College Board and Khan Academy accounts. Then head to Official SAT Practice to get ready for the test.
- Free Practice Tools for the SAT and ACT sponsored by Kaplan: Students can take a FREE SAT or ACT pop quiz, 20-minute practice, or full proctored practice test online. Sign up NOW:
- Click HERE for more options offered in our area.
- Thursday, March 30, 2017: Surviving the College Application Process - Just for Parents, 6:30pm to 8pm, at the Abington Free Library, 1030 Old York Road, Abington, PA 19001, email firstname.lastname@example.org, or call (215) 885-5180, ext. 13. Click HERE for more information.
- Sunday, April 2, 2017: TEDxArcadiaUniversity, 10am to 5pm, Tedx is an annual program that brings local leaders, thinkers, and doers together to share the TED-like experience of sharing ideas. Click HERE to register. This year's theme is The Big Idea with multiple ideas, themes and presentations throughout the three sessions. Presentations are 18 minutes in duration, designed to remain true to the format of the TED conference.
- Tuesday, April 4, 2017: Teen Creative Writing Club at the Abington Free Library, click HERE for more information.
- Wednesday, April 5, 2017, College Essay Bootcamp - Just for Teens at the Abington Free Library, 6:30pm to 8pm. This power program will boost your resume and college application essay writing skills. Learn proven tips that will sharpen your written presentation to college admissions officers. Register online, or at the Abington Information Desk, click HERE for more details.
- The Kinney Center invites you and members of your organization to celebrate Autism Week, April 21 - 30. Our variety of programming provides something for everyone. Gather information, enjoy sensory-friendly events, and meet fellow individuals and families affected by autism. Most programs are FREE or low cost. There is an Autism Awareness Fashion Show, A Sensory Friendly Mass, an open House for the Kinney Center at Saint Joseph's University, Autism Advocacy Training, Autism and Employment Panel, and a Family Photo Session. Check out the FULL LIST of ACTIVITIES and RSVP Today!
- Free Family Dinners for those who could use a nice hot meal, sponsored by the Reform Congregation Keneseth Israel, 8339 Old York Road, Elkins Park, PA. Guests are served a hot homemade meal with leftovers packaged to go home. There are also desserts, fruit, and non-perishables that also may be taken. This year we are planning to offer tutoring and storying telling for children. Meals are offered on most Sundays from 5-6pm. Please click HERE for exact dates and more information.
- Jenkintown Parents and Former Grads: Help us gather Dual Enrollment data. Guidance would like to know if your child was able to transfer their MCCC Dual Enrollment Credits to the college they are attending. Please fill out the Dual Enrollment Participation Survey for 2013, 2014, 2015, and 2016 Graduates: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1AVUak2o0FbP31CYg6i5fpHizhAgESYdmRF-JNA6toDc/viewform. To view our current MCCC Dual Enrollment College Credit Transfer Statistics, please click HERE.
- Thursday, March 30, 2017: Virtual College Fair, 10am to 10pm: Click HERE to register. How are your college juniors coping with their college search? Are your seniors anxious about their college acceptance letters? We're here to help. Join us for this online event on March 30th where your high school students will be able to:
- Meet more than 100 colleges and universities in live chats
- Learn everything they need to know about the FAFSA
- Get advice on writing a college essay, minimizing college debt, fitting in on campus, and more
- Bonus: When your student visits five schools during this free online event they'll automatically be entered into a $1,000 scholarship drawing!
- Saturday, April 22, 2017, The Culinary Arts Institute @ Montgomery County Community College - Lansdale Campus: 10am to 12pm. Click HERE for more information.
- Saturday, April 29, 2017, Montgomery County Community College Open House in Blue Bell - Central Campus: 10am to 12pm. Click HERE for more information.
- Tuesday, May 2, 2017, Main Line Regional College Fair, Villanova University, 6:30pm to 9pm
1) Summer Fun at Eastern Center for Arts and Technology, click HERE for more information. For Grades 6, 7, 8, and 9.
2) Creek Camp (sponsored by Allegheny College: Open to high school freshman, sophomores, and juniors, Creek Camp is a great experience for students who are interested in studying environmental science in college, or those who simply love the outdoors. Do you have a love for our natural environment? Do like exploring the outdoors and getting wet? Want to learn outside the classroom in an interactive setting? You can do all these things while on a college campus! This experience takes place at Allegheny College in Meadville, PA. While living in college dorms, campers will participate in various activities. They will study freshwater ecology in the beautiful streams of Northwestern, PA, observe wildlife, and learn from experts! Campers will be able to interact with many people from the Allegheny College community, including students. Click HERE to read the brochure. Camp fee: $1500, financial assistance may be available – please ask! Students are accepted on a rolling basis. This is a physically and mentally demanding camp. We are in and out of water each day and work in teams on projects. Do not miss out on this unique opportunity!
3) The Forensic Sciences Mentoring Institute - Summer Program is now accepting applications (must be 16 years of age at the start of the program): They will be hosting an Open House on Saturday, April 22, 2017 from 9am to 11am. It will be held at Center for Forensic Science Research & Education at 2300 Stratford Ave., Willow Grove, PA 19090. At the Open House, activities will include an overview of the program and activities from last summer, demonstrations of laboratory experiments and activities, and a question and answer session. Space is limited so please RSVP at HERE by April 17, 2017. For more information, click HERE and for the online application, click HERE. The cost of the program is $1,500-scholarships and waivers are available. Application deadline for the summer program is April 28, 2017.
- Help us gather Dual Enrollment data. Guidance would like to know if your child was able to transfer their MCCC Dual Enrollment Credits to the college they are attending. Please fill out the Dual Enrollment Participation Survey for 2013, 2014, and 2015 Graduates: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1AVUak2o0FbP31CYg6i5fpHizhAgESYdmRF-JNA6toDc/viewform
2) Congratulations to CALEB LIMMER for being selected to receive Widener University and NBC10 High School Leadership Award – a $20,000 scholarship to Widener University over four years as an undergraduate. This awards program is designed to recognize high school students in the region, like Caleb, who embody the university’s commitment to develop and inspire leaders to affect positive change. With this award, the Widener University High School Leadership Awards Committee recognizes Caleb’s ability to demonstrate courage by standing up for what is right, finding a way to address a wrong, or making a difference in a significant way. Caleb will receive an invitation to join the other award winners at a special event on March 23, 2017 at the National Constitution Center. In the fall, Caleb will be invited to join the 2017 award winners on Widener’s campus for an exciting day of leadership training.