David B. Gise (born 1812)
David B. Gise (or "Geiss") : Born April 16 1812, passed June 29 1899
- His parents were George Adam Geiss and Susannah Geiss. Before her marriage, his mother was a Miss Bright.
- On August 18, 1834 he was married to Miss Sarah Kerlin.
- Sarah passed in 1959 - And he remarried his wife's sister Catherine Runkle
Source : "Will-Grundy Counties, Illinois, Genealogical Society Quarterly : 1988-1989 Volume VII, Number 1" [ 1988-1989-will-grundy-counties-illinois-genealogical-society-quarterly-vol-7-no-1.pdf / https://drive.google.com/open?id=10pi-WcmMHQXyte18HbJnfseNlz2aum6S ]
Thirty Years in Will County
David B. Gise, for over thirty years a resident of Will county, died at his home in Manhattan township, June 29, 1899. He was born in Berks county, Penn., April 16, 1812 and came to Illinois in 1868. He leaves four boys and two girls, W.F., of Chicago; David K., of Center Hall, Pa.; Jacob K., of Beloit, Kan.; Daniel K., of Joliet; Mary J. Brisbin, of Girard, Kan.; and Annie Klingler, of Manhattan. Mr. Gise was one of the best known residents of Manhattan, and liked equally for his nobility of character and his generous nature. The funeral occurred from the late residence three and one-half miles southwest of Manhattan village at 10 a.m. [ From The Joliet News of July 6, 1899. ]
David B. Geiss
David B. Geiss, who died June 29 last, was born in Lebanon county, Pa., April 16, 1812. His parents were George Adam Geiss and Susannah Geiss. Before her marriage, his mother was a Miss Bright. On August 18, 1834 he was married to Miss Sarah Kerlin. This union was blessed with twelve children, of which six are still living. In 1859 his companion departed this life, and in 1860 he was again married to Mrs. Catherine Runkle, a sister of his first wife, who preceded him thro' death in 1890. The six children still living are: William F., in Chicago; David K., Center Hall, Pa.; Daniel K., Joliet, Ill.; J.K., Beloit, Kan.;Mary J., Girard, Kan., and Anna C., Manhattan, Ill. The only married daughter preceding the deceased, Mrs. Susan Wagner, was the mother of Mrs. Mary Flink, Mrs. Ida Kerlin, Geiss Wagner and Rev. W.J. Wagner.
"Father" Geiss as he was often called, lived in Pennsylvania until 1867, when he came to Illinois, where he reside until his death, on Thursday, June 29, at 11:30 a.m., in Manhattan township, where he peacefully passed into his rest. The cause of his death was old age with its weaknesses ending in dropsy. The departed arrived at the age of 87 years, 2 months and 13 days. He leaves to mourn his departure six children and two step-children, Mrs. John Cronmiller, of Joliet, and J.K. Runkle, who has been residing with him. Also a niece, Mrs. John Johnson, whom he raised from her infancy, and who now resides in Iowa...
The funeral service took place on Saturday, July 1, at 10 a.m. at the old home, Rev,. F.W. Landwer officiating, and who chose for his text Phil. 1:21... the interment took place at the Klingler cemetery by the side of his departed companion.
From The Joliet News of July 13, 1899
1875 - Investing in land in Joliet and other states with his brother
Full page - 1875-07-01-the-centre-reporter-centre-hall-pennsylvania-pg-3.jpg / https://drive.google.com/open?id=1BTNX2K2azZHJ4chVRyBSa6Tvxb7miQVY
1879 - Farming in Joliet
Also see : 2019-09-findagrave-com-46644534-david-b-gise-1812-1899.pdf / https://drive.google.com/open?id=10ury3OtvDCMHQSgP51XbqX2X1u4_uqYN
COnfirmation : "David B. Gise" born 16 Apr 1812 / died 29 Jun 1899 (aged 87)
- ID: I307244
- Name: David B Gise
- Given Name: David B
- Surname: Gise
- Sex: M
- Birth: 16 Apr 1812 in Newmanstown (Lebanon) Peensylvania
- Death: 29 Jun 1899 in <Will County Illinois>
- Burial: Klingler Cemetery in Manhattan (Will) Illinois
- _UID: EEBC5AF3B82E49ECAFDBE65ED72C4F3E7052
- Change Date: 29 Jun 2012 at 23:11
- Marriage 1 Sarah Kerlin b: Abt 1814 in Pennsylvania
- Change Date: 29 Jun 2012
- William Franklin Gise b: 4 Dec 1835 in Pennsylvania
- David Gise b: Abt 1840 in Pennsylvania
- Susannah Gise b: Abt 1841 in <Potter Towsnhip (Centre)> Pennsylvania
- Daniel Kerlin Gise b: 3 Mar 1843 in Lebanon County Pennsylvania
- Sarah Gise b: Abt 1846 in <Potter Towsnhip (Centre)> Pennsylvania
- Jacob Gise b: Abt 1849 in <Potter Towsnhip (Centre)> Pennsylvania
- Mary Gise b: Abt 1852 in <Potter Towsnhip (Centre)> Pennsylvania
- Anna Catherine Gise b: 1855 in <Potter Towsnhip (Centre)> Pennsylvania
- Marriage 2 Catharine ??? b: 27 Jan 1810
- Married: in ???
- Change Date: 29 Jun 2012