Glastonbury Public School closings, delayed openings and early dismissals are announced as follows:
- Parent Notification System message sent to registered email addresses and phone numbers for early dismissals. Early morning inclement weather closings and delays will be sent to parent/guardian email addresses only. If an early dismissal is called in the early morning before school has begun, it will also be sent to email addresses only.
- Notice on the district home page of the website: www.glastonburyus.org.
- District Hotline recorded message available by calling 860-652-7853.
- Television Station announcements on Channels 3, 8, 61, and 30.
- Radio Station announcements on WPOP (1410 AM), WTIC (1080 AM & 96.5 FM), WWYZ & WKSS (92.5 FM), WUCS (97.7 FM), WZMX (93.7 FM), WRCH (100.5 FM), WHCN (105.9 FM).
School closings are generally announced between 6:00 am and 7:00 am. Early dismissals are announced as soon as possible.
A standard school delay time in the morning of 90 minutes (1½ hours) will occur for inclement weather. If a delay occurs on an early dismissal Wednesday, the usual early dismissal time will be maintained.
A standard early dismissal time of 90 minutes (1½ hours) will occur for inclement weather. Regardless of the day of the week, all early dismissals will be in accordance with the chart below which shows the approximate time by building for school delays and early dismissals.
|School||School Delay||Early Dismissal|
|Glastonbury High School||8:55 am||12:30 pm|
|Smith Middle School||9:25 am||1:10 pm|
|Gideon Welles School||9:25 am||1:10 pm|
|Buttonball Lane School||9:55 am||1:35 pm|
|Eastbury School||10:20 am||2:00 pm|
|Hebron Avenue School||10:20 am||2:00 pm|
|Hopewell School||9:55 am||1:35 pm|
|Naubuc School||9:55 am||1:35 pm|
|Nayaug School||10:20 am|| 2:00 pm