Rules and Regulations
WCSC Code of Conduct
Waugh Chapel Swim Club strives to create an atmosphere of respect and courtesy. Appropriate social behavior and treatment of others is expected of all WCSC employees, members, and participants. Physical, mental, verbal, or emotional abuse will not be accepted or tolerated by anyone participating in WCSC activities or facility use.
Any person acting inappropriately or disrespectfully may be subject to a revocation of the privilege of using WCSC facilities or participating in WCSC activities. Policies and statements made within the membership handbook may change or be updated at any time. It is the member’s responsibility to periodically check the handbook for updates and changes. The most recent revision date will be on the front of the handbook and updates will be posted on the WCSC website.
Thank you for your cooperation and for making the Waugh Chapel Swim Club’s facilities safe and enjoyable.
- The use of the club is restricted to active members and their guests.
- The use of the club is restricted to times determined and established by the BOD. Any persons, including members, who shall use or attempt to use any club facility at any time other than when it is officially open or authorized for use, will be prosecuted.
- Members assume the risk for use of all WCSC facilities for their family, their guests, and themselves, and shall not hold the WCSC responsible for an accident or injury except in the instance of willful misconduct or gross negligence on the part of the club.
- All members are required to sign-in at the pool front desk and pay for all guests upon arrival to the pool each day.
- No club property shall be removed from the club premises without prior authorization from the pool manager or BOD.
- The Public-Address-System is used by the BOD, pool employees, and pool management for announcements and emergency situations only.
- There will be no fraternizing with the pool management employees while on duty. No one is allowed to congregate around the guard office.
- Ball playing (including Frisbees, footballs, etc.,) will not be authorized in the sun bathing areas adjacent to the pool.
- Verbal attacks and abuse directed at pool management employees, or the BOD, will not be tolerated. Violators will be subject to disciplinary action.
- Refuse, trash, garbage, etc., must be placed in the proper receptacles provided.
- Lounges, chairs, or picnic tables should not be used to store towels, shoes, clothing, etc.
- Wheeled vehicles are not permitted in the pool area with the exception of wheelchairs.
- Strollers should be kept in the grassy areas, except for the baby pool. Strollers in the baby pool area and other designated areas of the pool must be kept in a locked position and are permitted at the discretion of the pool manager on duty.
- The WCSC phone is to be used by pool employees and the BOD only.
- In the interest of the health, safety, and welfare of the WCSC and its members, the BOD may deny membership or admittance to any members, guests, or other persons who have been granted probation before judgement or convicted of a sexual offense, or who are registered or required to register with the Maryland Sexual Offender Registry, or any other state, federal, or military sexual offender registry.
- Members will be held responsible for all actions of themselves, their families, and their guests. All damages to property of the club caused by a member or their guest shall constitute a debt of that member to the club.
- No public displays of affection including open-mouthed kissing, touching, foundling, grinding or other sexual activity is permitted on the WCSC property.
- All children twelve (12) years of age and under must be supervised by a person fifteen (15) years of age or older who will be responsible for the conduct of the child while on the WCSC property.
- Bathrooms are to be used appropriately. No horseplay, vandalism, or unsafe behavior is allowed. Showers are one person at a time with the exception of a parent/guardian of a child under the age of twelve (12).
- No abusive or profane language or breach of peace is permitted on the club premises. Failure to do so may result in expulsion for one (1) day.
- Injuries occurring on the WCSC property must be reported immediately to the pool manager or assistant manager. A record of all such injuries will be maintained and will include a record of the type of injury, date, how sustained, treatment(s) given, etc., as well as full identification information of the member or guest involved.
- No consumption of food or beverages are authorized in the bathhouse, pool, baby pool, pool deck, or tennis courts. Consumption of food and beverages is permitted in the covered snack bar area and in the grass area adjacent to the pool deck. Tennis and basketball players are permitted to bring water in a non-glass container onto the courts.
- Any contingency, which might arise and is not included in these rules is, subject to the discretion of the pool management and/or Board of Directors.