**As of 6/13/2019 DO NOT add CEUs for GCE through eSchools. The new processs through WakeLearns will roll out in July.
Google for Education (@GoogleForEdu) offers a series of certifications that you as a teacher/staff member can work towards. They offer free training modules for practice, then you can take the certification tests. In the slide show on this page, you can find out more about the certifications offered, see sample test items, and more.
**Updated- 6/13/19** Interested in CEUs? The WCPSS HR department together with WCPSS ITLMS will redesign the CEU process as we migrate away from eSchools and to WakeLearns. Check back here for more information. From this point on, DO NOT use the eSchool method that was mentioned here in the past. WHEN YOU EARN THE CERTIFICATIONS (this method cannot be used if people do not earn their certs). What are the steps?
- Use the Google Modules (free!) to learn about all the ways to integrate the G Suite in your class.
- Take the certification test ($$--but look for discounts!)
- Level 1 and Level 2 Certified? Receive 0.8 (Level 1) and 1.2 (Level 2) for these certifications. **New directions coming soon**
- Earn your Google Trainer? Receive 2.0 DLCs for earning your Google Trainer certification. New information coming soon (different from Level 1 and Level 2).
- FILL OUT THIS FORM (tinyurl.com/googlewake) to let us know your earned it, and to allow us to add you to the WCPSS GCE Google+ Community.
Additional Certification Resources
The video to the left is the first in a series to help you learn/review the skills needed to earn your GCEs.
Also check out Eric Curts' (@ericcurts) GCE Checklists. Eric went through and identified all the skills in each Google Tool, and then posted a checklist for both Level 1 and Level 2. Find more here: http://www.controlaltachieve.com/search/label/Certifications
Interested in a sample exam? This very brief test can give you a sense of the type of testing you will do for each certification. http://tinyurl.com/GoogleEDUExamPractice