Wisconsin Ultimate is currently a group of dedicated volunteers looking to give back to the community that has given so much to them. In 2018 we hope to shape this volunteer base into a more structured board of directors with specific roles to better serve the needs of our members.
In late 2017, Wisconsin Ultimate applied for and was granted provisional Affiliate status through USA Ultimate. From USAU's site, we took this step in order to
- Strengthen your local disc organization so it can continue to develop, grow, prosper, and thrive.
- Develop safe, fun, high-quality programs in your local community.
- Grow youth ultimate around the nation!
- Model our organizational structure after other successful national sports and align ourselves with U.S. Olympic Committee goals.
We recognize that while there are a lot of benefits to this continued relationship with USAU, this will add more structure to our events and leagues that did not exist in the past. Namely, if you play at a Wisconsin Ultimate event, it will be sanctioned by USAU in some form. This means we'll be requiring rostering, memberships, and USAU waivers from all participants. Since we are an affiliate, however, our members get to pay a reduced price on membership : "regular" USAU club fees are $58.50 this year; affiliate membership fees are $16.50 ($12.50 for youth).
Affiliate membership works just like full USAU membership; if you pay your affiliate membership to play at Spring Dick and Jane, it covers Wisconsin Swiss and Fall Dick and Jane too*. Affiliate membership afford you all the same benefits of a regular membership (biggest being insurance at events) but also a small percentage of the fee gets put back into the Affiliate organization. If you are just a local player, and have apprehensions about sending your money to the National Org, this system allows you to pay less money and know that some of that money you pay is going right back into your community.
Have questions about the affiliate program, why we chose it, or how it affects you? Send us an email at email@example.com
*Note: This membership fee only applies to affiliate level events. Events with USAU branding (State Championships, College/Club Series events) require full memberships. If you buy an affiliate membership without knowing whether you'll need a full membership later, you can "upgrade" your membership by paying the difference; you won't need to buy a full membership on top of what you already have.
First time playing a USAU sanctioned event or rostering a team? Here's a step-by-step guide.
- Wisconsin Ultimate provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
- This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
- [Wisconsin Ultimate does not and shall not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion (creed), gender, gender expression, age, national origin (ancestry), disability, marital status, sexual orientation, or military status, in any of its activities or operations.
- Wisconsin Ultimate is committed to providing a safe environment for all its employees free from discrimination on any ground and from harassment at work including sexual harassment. Wisconsin Ultimate will operate a zero tolerance policy for any form of sexual harassment in the workplace, treat all incidents seriously and promptly investigate all allegations of sexual harassment. Any person found to have sexually harassed another will face disciplinary action, up to and including dismissal from employment. All complaints of sexual harassment will be taken seriously and treated with respect and in confidence. No one will be victimized for making such a complaint.