weSPOT resources for teachers
weSPOT is a European research project on inquiry based learning. As we are a research project we are highly interested to work together with practitioners and learn about the actual use of our tools. The project develops the weSPOT toolkit over a period of 3 years and the software is free of charge and available via Open Source Licence (MIT Licence, GNU GPL).
On this page you can
- access to background information and theory reading about inquiry based learning.
- Briefing on inquiry-based learning in general.
- Presentation on the weSPOT IBL model.
- Clarification of the weSPOT IBL model and description of the phases.
- Description of how to use the weSPOT IBL model and its Tool set.
- Poster demonstrating weSPOT model and the weSPOT toolkit (Size A0 for print, Size A4 for Handout)
- Helpful resources. Here you can find detailed information about the weSPOT project, Inquiry-based Learning and weSPOT Tool set:
- Background information (State of the art) about Inquiry-based Learning. The information presented here are the weSPOT D2.1 deliverable submitted to the European Commission.
- weSPOT Pedagogical and Diagnostic frameworks. The information presented here are the weSPOT D2.3.1 deliverable submitted to the European Commission.
- Information about the different types of Inquiry-based Learning:
- short howtos and demonastration videos from our Youtube channel
- how to create an inquiry space https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6R8yxdih5t8
- performing an inquiry https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cbMSTvqAC6k
- define your domain https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yrjsM_X0u5s
- monitor the progress in the dashboard https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8UPaRyHF_FM
- make use of the mobile data collector https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tGwxHnxS7bc
- Link to an OU masterclass (video, 50 mins.) on Inquiry based learning and how to use the weSPOT technology, that was created by the Open university in the Netherlands https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eQiajgwJrKU
- start doing things
For further questions either access the forum of your national community below or get in contact with us at email@example.com.
Your weSPOT team