Welcome to St. Peter's Anglican Church, Oshawa
Effective Sunday, March 15, 2020 and until further notice, worship services at St. Peter's, Oshawa are cancelled. This is in consideration of public safety and at the direction of the Diocese due to the Covid-19 pandemic.
Keep safe and continue to pray as we journey through this Lenten season and this time of Covid-19. We invite you to pray individually and collectively using social media or conference calls. Praying together is an essential part of our prayer life as individuals and communities.
On Palm Sunday, April 5, Fr. Vinaya posted a video reflection on scripture on our Facebook page.
See the Diocese of Toronto's Facebook page where they will livestream a Sunday service from the Cathedral each Sunday morning at 11:00 a.m.
Message from Area Bishop Riscylla Shaw
Please read Bishop Riscylla Shaw's pastoral letter for the area of Trent-Durham.
Updates from the Diocese of Toronto
The Diocese of Toronto is posting regular updates on their website.
No matter where you’ve been in life, no matter where you’re going, no matter where you are on your journey with God or do not believe; know that at St. Peter’s, you are welcome at our church.
Upcoming Events and Special Dates
Tuesday, April 7: Morning Prayer Service
Tuesday, April 7: Day Prayer Service
Tuesday, April 7: Night Prayer Service
The Diocese of Toronto will be posting videos on their Facebook page from St. James Cathedral for Holy Week and Easter services:
Palm Sunday: April 5 at 11 a.m.
Chrism Mass: April 7 at 10:30 a.m.
Maundy Thursday: April 9 at 7 p.m.
Good Friday: April 10 at 12 p.m.
Easter Sunday: April 12 at 11 a.m.
Temporarily on hold
Join us Sunday mornings at 10 a.m. for a church service followed by coffee hour. Supervised children's activities are available during the service. The church service on the third Sunday of each month includes an anointing for healing for those who wish to heal in body, mind or spirit.
Why Come to St. Peter’s Anglican Church?
- To celebrate what it means to be a child of God created in God’s own image and to be loved by God unconditionally.
- To discover how our lives and our relationships have meaning.
- To see God in the beauty of this world and in the lives of others.
- To feel connected to something bigger than yourself.
- To discover a sound and ancient wisdom and tradition.
- To explore a relevant and modern Christian faith.
- To become empowered by God to make a difference in our world.
- To know God is love, Jesus is with us and the Spirit upholds us.
1175 Cedar Street
Oshawa, Ontario L1J 3R8
Parish Priest: The Rev. Vinaya Dumpala (e-mail)
How to find us: Click here for map and directions.
We are 45 minutes east of Toronto in Oshawa, Ontario
- East of Park Road and Stevenson Road
- West of Simcoe Street
- North of Philip Murray Avenue
- South of the 401 and Wentworth Street
Our Mission Statement
St. Peter’s Anglican Church strives to be an inclusive community of faith seeking to know Christ and make him known. Following the heart of Jesus, we seek to feed God’s people in body and soul, worshipping God our creator in the power of the Spirit. All are welcome!