Welcome to St. Peter's Anglican Church, Oshawa
Join us Sunday mornings at 10 a.m. for a church service followed by coffee hour. Supervised children's activities are available during the service. The church service on the third Sunday of each month includes an anointing for healing for those who wish to heal in body, mind or spirit.
No matter where you’ve been in life, no matter where you’re going, no matter where you are on your journey with God or do not believe; know that at St. Peter’s, you are welcome at our church.
Office of The Blessed Virgin Mary
Please join us on the first Sunday of each month at 9:15 a.m. before the regular services (excluding Easter Sunday). This is a time of scripture and prayer similar to Morning Prayer with a special reflection on how we may model our own discipleship on that of our Lord's Mother. On hold for the summer and will resume on September 9.
Anglican Rosary Meditation
Please join us Sunday mornings at 9:15 a.m. before the regular services (except for the first Sundays of each month). Instruction and knotted Anglican rosaries are provided. All are most welcome. On hold for the summer and will resume on September 16.
Upcoming Events and Special Dates
Food Bank Sunday
Sunday, July 1, 2018
On the first Sunday of each month we ask you to consider bringing non-perishable food items to help stock St. Peter's Food Bank. Currently, we particularly are in need of pasta sauce, tinned tuna, Kraft Dinner, and chicken noodle soup. Thank you for your support.
Light Supper and Evening Prayer
Thursday, July 12, 2018
Dinner at 5:30 p.m. followed by Evening Prayer at 6:30 p.m.
60th Anniversary Parish Pilgrimage
Saturday, August 18, 2018
In 2008 we celebrated our 50th anniversary by going on a Parish Pilgrimage to St. Marie Among the Hurons and praying and celebrating the Eucharist at the Martyrs’ Shrine in Midland. To mark our 60th Anniversary we’d like to do this again. Ideally this works best if we could car pool. If you’re interested in joining this powerful journey of prayer and celebration and/or offer a ride, please speak to Dean Rose for more information.
Why Come to St. Peter’s Anglican Church?
- To celebrate what it means to be a child of God created in God’s own image and to be loved by God unconditionally.
- To discover how our lives and our relationships have meaning.
- To see God in the beauty of this world and in the lives of others.
- To feel connected to something bigger than yourself.
- To discover a sound and ancient wisdom and tradition.
- To explore a relevant and modern Christian faith.
- To become empowered by God to make a difference in our world.
- To know God is love, Jesus is with us and the Spirit upholds us.
1175 Cedar Street
Oshawa, Ontario L1J 3R8
Priest-in-Charge: The Rev. James Blackmore
How to find us: Click here for map and directions.
We are 45 minutes east of Toronto in Oshawa, Ontario
- East of Park Road and Stevenson Road
- West of Simcoe Street
- North of Philip Murray Avenue
- South of the 401 and Wentworth Street