The Special Olympics Walking Clubs aim to bring together individuals with and without intellectual disabilities for non-competitive physical activity.
The club provides the platform and opportunity for individuals to challenge themselves, establish friendships, and exercise.
Our FALL Walking Club Season will begin on September 13 -- register now!
TOP 5 SUMMER WALKERS
1) Lauren D., Alameda -- 271.8 miles
2) Ben D., Tuolumne -- 234.9 miles
3) Mark R., Santa Clara -- 195.1 miles
4) Sidney P., San Francisco -- 166.4 miles
5) Angel C., Mesquite -- 140.5 miles
*Congratulations to ALL our walkers*
Thank you for joining us this summer! We walked...
That is like walking from ALASKA to FLORIDA!!
Fall 2021 Season -- General Information
- 7-week season (September 13 - October 30)
- "Race Weekend" is Saturday, October 30 and Sunday, October 31
- Walking can be done as an individual or Team
Teams with 10 or more members must have a registered Coach
- Open to all ages and members of the Special Olympics community
Volunteer Groups are welcome to join!
- Minimum of 90 minutes of exercise per week
Walking can be done outside or even inside on a treadmill - you can choose how you get your weekly walking minutes!
- Registration Required