Joe Shimizu San Agustin is originally from Dededo and graduated from John F. Kennedy High School in 1975. He earned a bachelor's degree in Criminal Justice from the University of Guam in 1990. He has been in public service for many years as a Guam police officer, as Acting Compliance Supervisor (ABC) & Assistant Tax Investigator at the Dept. of Revenue and Taxation, chairman & member of the Guam Education Board and serving in the Army Reserve and Guam Army National Guard.
He and his wife, Joanne Chargualaf, of Santa Rita, have been happily married since 1996. They have 2 daughters and one son — with 9 beloved grandchildren.
The senator and his wife reside in the beautiful village of Yigo.
He is a member of the Our Lady of Lourdes Catholic Church Heritage Choir, the Good Will and Spirit Association of Yigo, the Dededo Veteran’s Organization, the Veteran’s Guam Motorcycle Club, Harley Owners Group MC, Legend’s MC, BASTA and Laguna Associations, Charleston Lodge #44 and Domino Lux International.
- RoseMarie T. Mesa, Office Manager
- Hope Delos Reyes, Legislative Administrative Assistant
- Joanne Quinene, Policy Research Analyst
- Catherine Leon Guerrero, Policy Research Analyst
- Peter Johnson, Policy Research Analyst
- Vince Benavente, Policy Research Analyst
- Marilyn Tablante, Community Liaison
- Elizabeth San Nicolas, Communications Specialist
- Krystal Agustin, Communications Specialist
Office of Finance and Budget