River Run Christian Church traces its heritage to the Restoration Movement, and as such is an independent, non-denominational Christian church that believes in the authority of Scripture, unity of all believers, weekly observance of the Lord's Supper (Communion), and a believer's baptism by immersion.
Specifically we believe:
We believe in the one true God eternally existing in three distinct forms: the Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit. We believe God is the creator of all things visible and invisible. (Genesis 1:1-2, Deuteronomy 6:4, Acts 17:24-28, Hebrews 11:3)
• Is God’s one and only Son, the one and only Savior (John 1:14, John 3:16, 2 Peter 3:18, 1 John 4:9)
• Conceived by the Holy Spirit (Matthew 1:18)
• Was born Jesus of Nazareth, through the Holy Spirit and the Virgin Mary, being fully human and fully divine. (Matthew 1:18, Matthew 21:11, Luke 1:26-38, Romans 5:15-17, Colossians 2:9)
• Lived a sinless life (Hebrews 4:15, 1 Peter 2:22)
• Was crucified on a cross for our sins (Luke 23:1-46)
• Died on the cross, was buried, and rose again bodily from the dead on the third day (Luke 23:44-56, Luke 24:1-8, John 20:24-29, 1 Corinthians 15:3-8)
• Ascended into Heaven and now sits at the right hand of the Father (Luke 22:69, Acts 1:1-9, Colossians 3:1)
• Will return to judge both the living and the dead and reign as King of kings and Lord of lords. (John 14:1-3, Acts 1:10-11, Act 10:39-42, 1 Peter 4:5)
• Who is the active presence of God in the world and resides within every Christian. (Matthew 28:19, John 14:15-17, John 16:5-15, Acts 1:8, Acts 2:38, 1 Corinthians 3:16, 1 Corinthians 6:19, 2 Timothy 1:14).
• Who empowers Christians for works of service (1 Corinthians 12:4-11)
• Who empowers us to live Christ-like lives (Galatians 5:22-25)
• We believe in the Bible as God’s Holy Word, without error in its original form and inspired by the Holy Spirit. (1 Corinthians 2:12-13, 2 Timothy 3:14-16, 2 Peter 1:20-21)
• We accept the Bible as the final authority for all matters of faith and practice, and realize that it is profitable for teaching, correction, instruction and equipping the saints. (Isaiah 40:8, Matthew 5:18, Matthew 24:35, Romans 15:4, Hebrews 4:12, 2 John 1:9)
• We believe the Bible teaches that man, created by God, willfully sinned against God and as a result is lost and without hope apart from Jesus Christ. (Acts 4:12, Romans 3:23)
• We believe that salvation and the forgiveness of sins come only by grace from God and are made possible through the shed blood of Jesus Christ. (Matthew 26:28, Romans 5:9, Ephesians 2:8-9, 1 Peter 1:18-19, 1 John 1:7)
• We believe the Bible teaches that a believer's life of faith and devotion to Christ as Savior will be exemplified by their belief in Jesus Christ as God’s Son, and as Lord and Savior of the world, confessing Jesus as their personal Lord and Savior, repenting of their sins, being baptized into Christ through immersion in water, and continuing to grow and live in Christ. (Romans 5:1-2, Matthew 10:32, Luke 24:45-47, Acts 2:38, Acts 3:19, 17:30, Romans 10:9, Romans 6:1-7, Galatians 3:27, Colossians 2:12, 1 Peter 3:21, 2 Peter 3:9, 1 John 4:15-16).
Church Unity & Leadership
• We believe that the Church is the body of Christ, founded on the day of Pentecost, consisting of all Christians everywhere. (Matthew 16:13-18, Acts 2:14-47, 1 Corinthians 12:12-31)
• We believe that Jesus is the Head of the church, his body, and that each Christian is a part of it. (Romans 12:3-8, 1 Corinthians 12:11-13, Ephesians 1:22-23, Colossians 1:15-18)
• We believe the Bible teaches that the Elders are to exercise authority over the local congregation. (Acts 20:28, 1 Timothy 3:1-7, Titus 1:5-9, 1 Peter 5:1-4)
• We believe that death seals the eternal destiny of each person. When Christ returns, He will formally pronounce the eternal fate of each individual, both living and dead. The saved will be assigned eternal life in Heaven with God, the unsaved/lost, eternal separation from God in Hell. (Daniel 12:2, John 5:28-29, John 6:39, Romans 8:10-11, Hebrews 9:27-28)