Research Mediated via Thesis
- Trans Anal Pull Through For Hirschsprung's Disease
- Assessment of Techniques in Single Stage Reconstruction of Bladder Exstrophy and Incontinent Epispadias in New and Previously Operated Patients
By candidates working under my supervision
- Evaluation of quality of life and complications in patients of exstrophy bladder treated by ureterosigmoidostomy, primary repair of exstrophy and augmented exstrophy repairs. By Dr Sumit Agarwal. (status: completed and published)
- Study of pre and post kasai changes in clinical parameters in patients of biliary atresia and its influence on survival with native liver By Dr Shraddha Verma candidate for MCh Pediatric Surgery. (status: completed and due for publication) Download (please contact me if you want to access this document)
- Does neonatal PSARP for male intermediate anorectal malformation give better results than 3 stage anorectoplasty: a comparative study for outcomes in follow up. (Status completed & published).
- Renal drainage improvement after Open and Laparoscopic pyeloplasty for Uretero-Pelvic Junction obstruction: A comparative study
- THORACOSCOPIC REPAIR OF EA-TEF SURGICAL TECHNIQUE AND QUANTIFIED OUTCOME. Completed and published. Download (please contact me if you want to access this document) Download paper
Research in progress / Projects
1. Identification and characterization of target antigens on biliary epithelial cells and in blood in patients of biliary atresia using a proteomic approach – DBT project
2. Role of auto antigens and antigen specific antibodies in the etiopathogenesis of biliary atresia – ICMR project 3. Impact Assessment Study of Rotavirus Vaccine linked to the national rotavirus surveillance network’ funded by the CDC Foundation, Atlanta with the Christian Medical College (CMC), Vellore.
4. Evaluation of b cells, their subsets, co-stimulatory molecules and autoantibodies in children with biliary atresia. With department of Immunopathology PGIMER.
5. Exploration of potential target antigens responsible foroccurance of biliary atresia in children. With department of Immunopathology PGIMER
6. Dexmedetomidine As An Adjunct To Transversus Abdominis Plane Block For Pediatric Laproscopic Surgeries.
7. Comparison Of Total Intravenous And Inhalational Technique For Maintenance Of Anaesthesia In Paediatric Abdominal Surgeries.
8. Laparoscopic Hepaticoduodenostomy after Choledocal Cyst excision; Surgical technique and assessment of outcomes
1. Thoracoscopic repair of EA-TEF surgical technique and quantified outcome- Departmental thesis.
2. Hypercapnia and Acidosis during Thoracoscopic and Open Repair of Tracheoesophageal Fistula
3. Comparison of Ringer Lactate and Plasmalyte solutions as maintenance fluids in children undergoing elective surgery.
4. Outcome of poorly functioning kidneys secondary to PUJO preserved by pyeloplasty- A bidirectional study.
Conferences / CME/ Workshops attended
- International workshop on Exstrophy, Epispadias and Hypospadias at dept of Pediatric Surgery KGMU Lucknow. Feb 2005 as organiser
- clinical research workshop at dept of Pediatric Surgery KGMU Lucknow as organiser
- Pediatric Infectious Diseases (Pediatric Microbiology Conf.) Sept 2007 Chacha Nehru Bal Chikitsalaya Delhi as Delegate
- Pediatric Surgery Update Dec 2007 Chennai as Delegate
- North chapter IAPS annual meeting at dept of Pediatric Surgery KGMU Lucknow as faculty
- Symposium on pediatric urology AIIMS, New Delhi 14-12-08 as delegate
- International workshop on Hypospadias by Dr Asopa Agra 3-4 oct 2009 as delegate
- Manuscript reviewing workshop by Indian journal of urology 23-24 oct CMC vellore (Editors meeting representing JIAPS)
- IAPSCON 2009 19-22 NOV KGMU Lucknow as faculty
- Pediatric urology update 26-28 feb 2010 Mumbai as delegate
- Pediatric Surgery Update 23-25th Feb 2010 MAMC New Delhi as faculty
- PHAGCON 2010, 01-03 sept , PGIMER, CHANDIGARH as faculty
- World congress of pediatric surgery, with annual conference of SAARC nations with annual conference of IAPS, 21-24, OCT 2010, New Delhi
- Pediatric Urology Update , Jabalpur, 04-06 feb 2011
- Workshop on pediatric aerodigestive disorders , 10-11 march 2011, Bangalore
- SILS CON APRIL 29-1ST MAY 2011 Mumbai.
- Robotic/Laparoscopic Pediatric Urology Nadiad August 2012
- Annual Conf of UP-UK IAPS March 2013 Lucknow
- International workshop cum symposium on Pediatric Urology Aug 29-31 2013 AIIMS New Delhi.
- 39th IAPS Bhubaneshwar 2013
- 22nd IPEG Beijing China june 2013
- 9th PESICON Feb 2014 Indore
- NE-IAPS Jan 2015 Guwahati
- SELSICON Aug 2015 Kochi
- 24th IPEG Nashville TN, USA 2015
- 7th Annual conference of Indian Association of Pediatric Anaesthesiologists feb 2015
- 55th Annual Conf of NAMS 16th Oct 2015
- PESICON 2016 Feb Bhubaneshwar
- Pediatric Surgery Update MAMC Delhi 2016
- AMASICON 17-20 nov 2016 Kolkatta As faculty. program
- IAPSCON 2016 Agra as faculty
- WOFAPS 2016 Washington DC 8-11 oct
- DECCAN Urology 20-22 JAN 2017 Goa
- PESI - IAPS 12th Annual conference Visakhapatnam India 17-19 feb 2017 . CME program
- 10th Pediatric Surgery Update MAMC Delhi .
- 26th Annual Congress for IPEG 19-22 July 2017 London.
- CME Pediatric Anaesthesia - VATS in Pediatric Surgery Surgical Perspectives 13th Aug 2017 PGIMER Chandigarh. .
- 30th International Symposium in Pediatric Surgical Research & and update in newborn and fetal surgery 8-10 Sept 2018 New Delhi. .
- CME in Pediatric Surgery 14-15 Oct 2017 RnR Hospital New Delhi..
- Consensus In Pediatrics 6th Global Congress for Consensus in Paediatrics and Child Health (CIP) in Colombo, Sri Lanka, from November 12-15, 2017.
- Vth PUC IAPS NATIONAL CONFERENCE & WORKSHOP. Venue: Dental College Basement Auditorium, Sri Ramachandra University, Chennai. 17-18 Nov 2017.
- 13th Annual conference of IAPS-PESI 23-25th Feb 2018 New Delhi.
- 11th Pediatric Surgery Update MAMC Delhi 22-25th March 2018. CME lecture on Advanced Pediatric laparoscopic, thoracoscopic and robotic procedures.
- SPUCON 2018 7-10 June Mumbai.
- IAPSCON 2018 25-28th Oct 2018 Chandigarh.
- 13th AMASICON 15-18 Nov 2018 SGPGI Lucknow
- 20th Annual meeting of Asia Pacific association of Pediatric Urologist 14-16th Dec 2018 New Delhi
- PESI Jodhpur
- MAMC Update March 2019
- SPUCON 2019 Hyderabad.
- 32nd International Symposium on pediatric surgical research 6-8 Sept 2019 Fukukoa Japan.
- First national meeting on Congenital diaphragmatic hernia 2019 15th Sept 2019 Apollo Hospital New Delhi.
Best Paper awards
- Karl Storz award for Thoracoscopic repair of EA-TEF 2014 @ PESICON
- Best paper award title Duodenal Obstruction with Situs inversus and malrotation @ IAPSCON Mumbai 2015 oct.
- Best Paper award title Laparoscopic retrieval of unusual intra-abdominal foreign bodies in children @ IAPSCON Mumbai 2015 OCT
- KARL STORZ PESI-IAPS best video award (2nd time) 2017
- IAPS-Swapna Dutta award for 2018 for GI surgery paper
- best paper award DURING iapscon 2018 to be updated
Live operative demonstrations
- Live demonstration of thoracoscopic TEF repair and Vesiciscopic reimplantation @ SKIMS Srinagar 02-09-2016
- Live demonstration of Retroperitoneoscopic pyeloplasty during PESICON 2016 Bhunhaneshwar
- Live demonstration of Open reimplantation during NEIAPS annual conference @ Guwahati
- Live demonstration of Laparoscopic transperitoneal pyeloplasty during PESICON 2017 Vishakhapatanam 20-02-2017
- Live demonstration of Retroperitoneoscopic pyeloplasty @ AIIMS Rishikesh 29-11-17
conference presentations on basic science research in Biliary Atresia
1. Sanghamitra Machhua, Yashwant Kumar, BR Thapa, Ranjana W Minz, Ravi Kanojia, Prema Menon. A reliable strategy for achievement of primary epithelial cell culture from atretic bile duct in biliary atresia in 3rdISPGHAN CON2016 on 24-25th Sep, 2016 at Kolkata.
2. Madhubala, Kamalpreet Kaur, Yashwant Kumar, Ranjana W Minz, B R Thapa, Ravi Kanojia. Lack of association of HLA-DRB with Biliary Atresia - a preliminary report at ISHICON2016, PGIMER, Chandigarh, 2nd and 3rdDecember, 2016.
3. Anil Kumar Ram, Yashwant Kumar, B R Thapa, Ranjana W Minz, Veena Dhawan, Ravi Kanojia, Prema Menon, Riyaz Ahmad Rather. Differential Plasma Proteome Profile of Biliary Atresia in Infants: A Pilot Study at9th Summer School on Computational Mass Spectrometry: Based Proteomics, Berlin, Germany 3rd -7th July.
30th International Symposium on Pediatric Surgical Research and Update on Newborn and Fetal Surgery Sept 8-10 2017 New Delhi
1. THORACOSCOPIC REPAIR OF ESOPHAGEAL ATRESIA & TRACHEOESOPHAGEALFISTULA -TREAT: HOW DO WE DO IT?
(VIDEO) (6 mins) R.P. Kanojia, N. Bhardwaj, R. Samujh (India)
2. ESOPHAGEAL ANASTOMOTIC CALIBER INDEX (EACI) AFTER THORACOSOCPIC REPAIR OF ESOPHAGEAL ATRESIA WITH TRACHEOESOPHAGEALFISTULA (TREAT): A COMPARATIVE ASSESSMENT WITH OPEN REPAIR FOR EA-TEF (3 mins) R.P. Kanojia, N. Bhardwaj, R. Samujh (India)
3. PORTO-DUODENOSTOMY FOR EXTRA HEPATIC BILIARY ATRESIA: PRELIMINARY EXPERIENCE (3 mins) N. Tank, R.P. Kanojia, R. Samujh (India)
Vth PUC IAPS NATIONAL CONFERENCE & WORKSHOP. Sri Ramachandra University, Chennai. 17-18 Nov 2017
1. Vesiscopic reimplantation in Children Faculty Lecture
2. Moderator : Panel discussion VUR Contentious issues in children
3. PG Quiz
Consensus In Pediatrics 6th Global Congress for Consensus in Paediatrics and Child Health (CIP) in Colombo, Sri Lanka, from November 12-15, 2017.
1. Thoracoscopic Repair of Esophageal Atresia & TracheoesophagealFistula -TREAT: State of the art in neonatal Minimal access surgery and our experience.
13th Annual conference of IAPS-PESI 23-25th Feb 2018 New Delhi. CME Talk - Thoracoscopic TEF repair: Case selection, technique, comparative outcome of open surgery
20th Annual meeting of Asia Pacific association of Pediatric Urologist 14-16th Dec 2018 New Delhi
1. Robotic basics, instrumentation and set up with Si and Xi perspectives.
2. Pediatric Pyeloplasty - learning tool for beginner robotic surgeon
First national meeting on Congenital diaphragmatic hernia 2019 15th Sept 2019 Apollo Hospital New Delhi. Presented guest lecture on Minimally invasive repair of CDH technique and outcomes.