Present Appointment (since Jan 2008)
Department of Pediatric Surgery
PGIMER Chandigarh, India
Previous positions held (in last 10 years)
1. Fellow Pediatric Surgery & Urology Women's & Childrens Hospital Adelaide Australia (2014-15)
2. Fellow Pediatric Surgery & Urology @ Juntendo University Tokyo Japan
3. Assistant Professor, Pediatric Surgery Chacha Nehru Bal Chikitsalaya, Delhi (A exclusive pediatric superspeciality hospital under Government of Delhi). (March 2008 to Jan 2008)
4. Senior Registrar, Pediatric Surgery King George Medical University Lucknow (Feb 2004 to Feb 2008)
Professional Education summary: (MBBS, MS, MCh)
I did my MBBS from Sarojini Naidu Medical college Agra India, passed out in 1998. MS general surgery and MCh Pediatric Surgery from King George Medical University Lucknow India.
For detailed information on this please click here
- One year as Fellow Paediatric Surgery & Urology at Women's & Childrens Hospital Adelaide South Australia
- 9 years plus as Consultant (Additional Professor) Pediatric Surgery, at PGIMER, Chandigarh India.
- Two months as WOFAPS fellow scholar for the year 2010 at Department of Pediatric and Urogenital Surgery, Juntendo University Hospital Tokyo Japan
- Ten months as Assistant Professor Pediatric Surgery at Chacha Nehru Bal Chikitsalaya Delhi.
- Three years training in Pediatric Surgery as Senior Registrar at Department of Pediatric Surgery King George Medical University Lucknow during the MCh programme
- One month posting as an observer in the Department of Pediatric Surgery All India Institute of Medical Sciences (AIIMS) New Delhi.
- Three year Postgraduate training as Junior Resident at the Department of Surgery , King George Medical University Lucknow (formerly known as King George’s Medical College (K.G.M.C.) Lucknow, India .
- Four months experience as Junior Resident (July 2000-Oct 2000) at Dept. of Cardiothoracic and Vascular Surgery at All India Institute of Medical Sciences (AIIMS) New Delhi.
- One year full time rotatory Internship at Sarojini Naidu Medical College, Agra, India (Dec.1998-Dec.1999)
Brief introduction of the educational institutes I have been associated with during my academic career.
Post Graduate Institute of Medical Education & Research (PGIMER www.pgimer.nic.in)
Chacha Nehru Bal Chikitsalaya, Delhi (www.cnbc.delhigovt.nic.in) CNBC is a state of the art super specialty pediatric hospital with a bed strength of 216. It provides comprehensive medical care for all pediatric related medical and surgical illnesses under one roof. It is located at Geeta Colony, Delhi in an area of 1.6 hectare. Besides providing medical facilities it is being developed as a Post Graduate Teaching/Training institute affiliated to Maulana Azad Medical College Delhi.
King George Medical University Lucknow (http://www.kgmcindia.edu/) It is one of the premier medical colleges in India. Situated in Lucknow, capital of Uttar Pradesh, largest state in India, with population of 250 million, KGMU is considered one of the best medical college and hospital in North India. The Surgery department of KGMU is a renowned institution in itself. It has acquired the reputation of being an excellent hospital and academic center for surgical research. The department is equipped with a 170 bed hospital, have specialized units for paediatric surgery CTVS Neuro Surgery plastic. Multidisciplinary teams are available which include nurses, social workers, occupational therapists and clinical psychologist. A comprehensive liason system exists with other specialized hospitals and departments under the aegis of Gandhi Memorial and Association Hospitals, King George Medical University. The Department of Pediatric Surgery is one of the busiest departments of the university. It has a yearly turnover of 1500 operative patients per year. The department has achieved major feat in the field of pediatric urology, female anorectal malformations and neonatal surgery. I am from the second pass out batch of MCh. The detailed profile of the department can be viewed at http://www.kgmcindia.edu/departments/pedsurg_index.htm
Sarojini Naidu Medical College (http://www.snmcagra.org/) is located in Agra; a populous tourist city located 150 kms off New Delhi have the honour of being one of the first three medical colleges in India and is renowned for the quality of its medical education. Alumni from this college have excelled in various fields of Medicine all over the world.
Kendriya Vidhalaya (http://kvsangathan.nic.in/) Located in a small town of Jhansi in Uttar Pradesh, Kendriya Vidhalaya (http://kvsangathan.nic.in/) more popularly known as central schools are run by the central government of India .It one of the biggest institution providing secondary education up to the intermediate level in India. Central schools are located in almost every district of India working in conjunction with central board of secondary education (CBSE).