StoRM – Strengthening of Collaboration, Leadership and Professionalisation in Research Management in SADC and EU Higher Education Institutions – is a three-year project funded by the European Union (EU)`s Erasmus+ Programme call for “Capacity Development in Higher Education”
WHY RESEARCH MANAGEMENT (RM)?
Effective and strategic management of research is critical to ensure success and sustainability of Higher Education Institutions (HEIs) in an increasing complex and competitive global research environment.
WHAT IS OUR AIM?
The overall aim of StoRM is to promote research outcomes, innovation and impacts. This will be advanced through capacity building and professionalization of a globally connected and skilled group of research managers in HEIs. This project will also promote collaboration and mutual understanding between the EU and SADC regions.
WHAT WILL WE DO?
StoRM will establish:
- A Certificate in RM course for early career research management professionals,
- An executive Masters degree curriculum for mid-career RM professionals, and;
- a Recognition mechanism for senior RM professionals who have already produced a portfolio of work.
- a vibrant staff exchange and mentoring programme, aimed at sharing good practice and developing RM capacities across the different regions.
THE PROJECT TEAM
- Stellenbosch University (SU), South Africa (Coordinator)
- University of the Western Cape (UWC), South Africa
- Southern African Research and Innovation Management Association (SARIMA)
- University of Namibia (UNam), Namibia
- Namibian University of S&T (NUST), Namibia
- University of Botswana (UB), Botswana
- BOCODOL, Botswana
- University of Bristol (UoB), United Kingdom
- Copenhagen University (CU), Denmark
- Kaunas University of Technology (KUT), Lithuania