Meals on Wheels
Meals On Wheels
RESPONSIBILITIES OF PARKER OAKS
- SCHEDULE WEEKS/MONTHS & SEND THAT SCHEDULE TO EACH CHURCH PARTICIPATING. HELPFUL IF RECEIVED IN DECEMBER
- MEAL CONTAINERS ON A CART, DESSERT SACK/MILK ON A TRAY A CLIPBOARD WITH PARTICIPANTS NAME & ADDRESS ON PLUS DAYS OF THE WEEK. -- IF THERE IS A CHECK MARK ON THAT DAY THEY RECEIVE A MEAL. -- IF IT IS BLANK / A NO IN THE SQUARE NO DELIVERY THAT DAY. -- INSTRUCTIONS FOR WHICH DOOR OR AREA AT DESTINATION TO LEAVE THE MEAL.
- FOOD PLACED ON INSIDE MAIN DOOR TO PARKER OAKS USUALLY BY 11 A.M.
RESPONSIBILITIES OF THE CHURCH & VOLUNTEERS/SUGGESTIONS
- Send a list of volunteers/their phone #s to Parker Oaks of who will be responsible for delivery on scheduled dates.
- Please be on time for picking up food - If you forget, Parker Oaks will give you a call(maybe)
- A complete list of our volunteers will be sent to each of you - if you are unable to deliver that day call anyone on that list to see if they can help you, or trade a day or even a week BUT you need to let Parker Oaks know of any changes - please do not call the church or person arranging the schedule. Volunteers from other churches have also "stepped in" Jane & Jerry Poole were always there for everyone.
- Before leaving Parker Oaks to deliver meals count the number of meals & desserts etc. to be sure you have an accurate amount. After you deliver a meal put your initials in the box by the check mark. If no one is home or does not come to the door please have Parker Oaks phone # call the kitchen for instructions. Please take a cell phone with you - saves time. Return food containers to PARKER OAKS place them on the cart & leave the clipboard on top of the containers. It's always good to have two people on board for meal delivery -
- OSL schedulesl full week per volunteer(s)