site: Pinnacles West
Pinnacles National Park - West side
- Visitors, including astronomers, must pay day use fees (unless you have a national park pass). West side entrance has an automatic gate that closes to incoming traffic at 8pm, but allows leaving at any time.
- Directions: Take US 101 south to Soledad, take highway 146 to Pinnacles.
- https://www.nps.gov/pinn/planyourvisit/maps.htm is a handy map for the whole park.
- setup areas on west side include the parking lot near the Visitors Center, as well as the Chaparral Trailhead at the end of the road.
- GPS Coordinates of Visitor Center Parking: 36.478425,-121.2276078 access is from Soledad on highway 101, take state route 146 to the park.