GUIDELINES FOR ATTITUDINAL HEALING GROUPS
Center groups exist to be safe places where people can learn to use Attitudinal Healing. The following guidelines have been developed to assure that a safe space is provided.
1. The goal of the group is to use the principles of Attitudinal Healing as tools for learning forgiveness and choosing inner peace.
2. In the groups, we recognize that love is listening, and we agree to listen with an open heart, to give mutual support and to practice non-judgmental listening and sharing.
3. We are here to heal ourselves. We are not here to give advice or to change anyone’s beliefs or behavior. Being accepted as we are makes it easier for us to accept others.
4. We share from our own experience. By risking and exposing our own emotional state, we find common experience that allows for joining.
5. We respect ourselves and each other as unique; we recognize that each person’s process is important, not our judgment of it.
6. We support each other’s inner guidance and assist one another in finding our own best answers.
7. The roles of student and teacher are interchangeable. They fluctuate from one to the other regardless of age or experience.
8. We practice being present with others, seeing only the light and not the lampshade.
9. We agree to keep in mind that we always have a choice between peace and conflict; between love and fear.
10. We respect the confidentiality of what each of us shares in group, recognizing that this is important for maintaining the group as a place of safety and trust.