Unit 7: Data About Us
- I can identify and/or create a statistical question.
- I can calculate the measures of center (mean, median, mode) from a data set.
- I can calculate the measure of variability (range, quartiles) from a data set.
- I can recognize that a measure of center for a numerical data set summarizes all of its values with a single number, while a measure of variation describes how its values vary with a single number.
- I can find the missing number when given the mean, median, mode or range of a data set.
- Display numerical data in plots on a number line, dot plots, histograms, and box plots. I can create and interpret frequency tables, line plots, bar graphs, double bar graphs, histograms, pictographs, stem and leaf plots, box-and- whisker plots (box plots).
- I can identify representative, random, and biased samples.
- I can read and interpret circle graphs with fractions.