Unit 2: Comparing Bits & Pieces
Unit 2: Fractions, Decimals, Percents, Equivalence
- I can use ratio language and notation to compare quantities.
- I can distinguish between fractions as numbers and ratios as comparisons.
- I can use equivalence of fractions and ratios (proportions) to solve problems.
- I can recognize and find a unit rate to compare rates more easily.
- I can solve unit rate problems including those involving unit pricing and constant speed.
- I can find missing values in rate tables and plot the pairs on the coordinate plane.
- I can use fraction, decimal and percent benchmarks to compare numbers.
- I can convert between fractions, decimals and percents.
- I can find a percent of a quantity as a rate per 100.
- I can solve percent problems when given the part, the percent or the whole.
- I can use ratio reasoning (scale) to convert and compare measurement units (customary and metric).