Unit 6: Variables & Patterns
- I can identify a pattern from a table or graph.
- I can identify the independent and dependent variable and describe how they are related.
- I can identify terms, constants, coefficients in algebraic expressions.
- I can write and evaluate a numerical or algebraic expressions, including expressions with exponents.
- I can evaluate exponents with whole number, decimal and fractional bases (and find the missing exponent or base).
- I can apply the properties of operations to generate equivalent expressions using the properties of addition and multiplication and the distributive property.
- I can solve a 1-step or 2-step algebraic equation.
- I can create a 1-step or 2-step algebraic equation from a given word problem.
- I can complete a table for a two-variable relationship and plot it on a graph.
- I can identify the graph of an equation.
- I can solve and graph a 1-step or 2-step algebraic inequality.
- I can write an inequality to represent a constraint or condition in a real-world or mathematical problem.
- I can write inequalities from number lines and graph them on number lines.
- I can convert between Celsius and Fahrenheit.