Qualifications & Publications
I am an Accredited and Registered Member of the British Association of Counselling and Psychotherapy (BACP). This is my Professional Body and I work within the BACP's Ethical Framework. www.bacp.co.uk
EDUCATION & TRAINING
- Advanced Diploma Integrative Counselling – Iron Mill Institute
- Gender Equality & Mental Health – Inequality Agenda
- Introduction to Group Analysis – Group Analysis S/West
- Psychodynamic Psychotherapy – University of Plymouth
- Dialectical Behaviour Therapy – British Isles DBT Training Group
- Working with people diagnosed with a personality disorder – University of Plymouth
- Cognitive Behaviour Therapy – Assessment and Formulation – University of Plymouth
- Qualified Mental Health Nurse.
Group work for Adult Survivors of Sexual Abuse in Childhood: Lorna Coulson and Heather Morfett describe how women overcame feelings of isolation and shame by sharing their experiences in a safe, all-female space.
Mental Health Practice: September 2013, Vo 17,/No 1 www.mentalhealthpractice.co.uk
￼Scarves around the World: Heather Morfett shares her experience of working with survivors of childhood sexual abuse in India.
Therapy Today, November 2013, Vol24/Issue 9 www.therapytoday.net
￼In 2011, I travelled to India and undertook a period of voluntary work in an agency in Delhi, called RAHI, which works with survivors of childhood sexual abuse and incest. RAHI is the Hindi word meaning “journey”. It was a privilege to be involved with this amazing agency, who are a constant source of inspiration. www.rahifoundation.org
"When you do things from your soul, you feel a river moving in you, a joy" - Rumi