Green Room Recording is a home-based project studio that offers an ideal balance between "home studio" and "pro studio." As a "home studio", I offer a comfortable smoke-free and air-conditioned home environment. It is easy to feel comfortable and at-ease here with me, which helps in getting your best possible performance. Unlike many "home" studios, though, I offer a number of upgrades that bring elements of the "pro studio" into the home environment. Such upgrades include separate control room and "live" rooms (away from the control room) for tracking a full band, each with proper acoustic treatment, and the capacity to record 16 tracks at a time. I can offer a high quality full-tube analog front end (ie. tube mic and tube preamp) for recording your voice or instruments with a depth, warmth and character you don't typically expect from a home studio. I have a full complement of mics, including many of the pro-studio staples from brands like AEA, Sennheiser, Rode, Shure and AKG, and preamps from Solid State Logic (SSL), Universal Audio, Daking, and Yamaha (the ones they use in their $40k mixing consoles).
I feel that I offer an ideal balance between engineering know-how, high-quality equipment, interpersonal skills and affordability, in a comfortable and accessible environment. Book your session now!
I also offer:
- flexible scheduling
- 40+ tracks of audio without bouncing
- very affordable rates
- convenient west-end location near 403 exit
- 4 (or more) independent, customizable headphone mixes.
- Convenient & secure electronic sharing of your audio and data files via Google Drive or DropBox
- record up to 16 tracks simultaneously
- 32-bit direct-to-digital recording up to 96khz = DVD quality recording!
- Mastering / preparation for duplication or manufacture
NEW!! If you have a song that needs other musicians to help you get it out there, my team of studio musicians can help you make that happen. See here for more details!
Yes, I record:
- bands of any genre
- rap vocals
- solo artists/duos/trios
- spoken word broadcast
- ADR (additional dialogue recording for film and TV)
- audio books