Purpose, Duties and Responsibilities
The purpose of the prescribed fire subcommittee is to promote an efficient and effective prescribed fire program within the Compact members.
Duties and responsibilities include:
- Identify prescribed fire needs common to Compact members and suggest means of meeting these needs;
- Maintain close liaison with members to meet prescribed fire needs or to utilize local procedures that might have compact-wide application;
- Exchange prescribed fire information on procedures, equipment, field tactics, research, and training opportunities between Compact members.
- Identify and provide prescribed fire training opportunities commensurate with Compact needs;
- Participate, as feasible, in other prescribed fire programs applicable to Compact needs.