Glen Warren is the Encinitas Union School District Director of Literacies, Outreach, and Libraries, in other words, he is the LOL Director.
He is advancing true personalization of student learning through the integration of multiple literacies including media literacy, information literacy, digital citizenship and design thinking.
He co-wrote the California Model School Library Standards and the California Career Technical Education (CTE) standards for the Information and Communication Technology (ICT) sector.
Glen is an Orange County Teachers of the Year, California Semi-finalist Teachers of the Year, and was recently recognized by the California Reading Association with its first ever Literacy Leaders Award for 2018.
The ultimate goal for his work is to revive and advance the LOVE of learning!
Key Themes Include:
- "What Matters to You, Matters!"
- Future Ready Research for All Students
- "Learning Opportunities Valuing Everyone" (L.O.V.E.)
- The Heart of Information Literacy - (AEIOU)
- Passion Based Learning (Getting Beyond the Project Based Approach)
- The Power of Desired Learning
- From Integrated to Interdependent