Glen Warren is the Encinitas Union School District Director of Literacies, Outreach, and Libraries, in other words, he is the LOL Director.
Glen believes in the true personalization of student learning experience through the integration of multiple literacies including information literacy, media literacy, digital literacy, design thinking, and digital citizenship. He co-wrote the California Model School Library Standards addressing media and information literacy outcomes for K-12 public education students. Glen founded and continues to lead the California Media and Information Literacy Education statewide summits.
He also co-wrote the California Career Technical Education (CTE) standards for the Information and Communication Technology (ICT) sector.
With twin Master’s degrees in educational leadership and librarianship, as well as expertise in educational technology, Glen straddles the worlds of the classroom, the library, and STEM, as well as the worlds of educational technology and information literacy.
The ultimate goal for his work is to revive and advance the LOVE of learning!
Key Themes Include:
- "What Matters to You, Matters!"
- Future Ready Research for All Students
- "Learning Opportunities Valuing Everyone" (L.O.V.E.)
- The Heart of Information Literacy - (AEIOU)
- Passion Based Learning (Getting Beyond the Project Based Approach)
- The Power of Desired Learning
- From Integrated to Interdependent