Be a Performer
Applications to perform at the 2018 Fleurieu Folk Festival are now closed.
Applicants will be notified sometime in June whether we have been able to fit them into the program.
Please read the following if interested in performing at the 2019 Festival.
Performer camping is free at the Festival site for performers holding a weekend pass.
- Camping is available for Friday and Saturday nights only; camping is not available on Thursday or Sunday nights.
- Camping cannot be set up on the Northern Boundary of the grounds (school side) until after 3pm Friday afternoon.
- Due to the limitations of space, the oval surrounds will be required to accommodate campervans and caravans. If you only have a tent, please camp on the western end of the oval that has been cordoned off for camping purposes.
- There are NO powered sites, so you will need to be entirely self-sufficient.
- Dogs and pets are NOT permitted in the Festival Venue / Area, excluding approved assistance animals.
We are looking for folk music artists who will be part of the event and be involved not only in concerts but also sessions, singalongs, workshops, theme concerts, dances, children's events where possible. Performers who can stay the whole Festival and participate in the general festival atmosphere are also highly considered. Many of the performers camp on site. Some limited accommodation may be provided through billets
We welcome and look favourably upon artists who will also contribute by helping make the festival happen! We always need MCs, Venue Manager and many other tasks, so please also consider strongly about volunteering. Please note that the Festival is run by volunteers including a number of musicians and dancers and survives solely on ticket sales and sponsorship and through their goodwill.
Paid performers must have their own public liability insurance and will be required to provide a copy of their Certificate of Currency. When performing, you are a Festival service provider and as such are not covered by the Festival's public liability insurance. We suggest investigating insurance options with Folk Alliance Australia - see www.folkalliance.org.au . You need to be or become a member of Folk Alliance Australia to take advantage of this insurance.
Alternatively, you may wish to donate your performance to the Festival, in which case you would be considered a volunteer and be covered by the Festival's public liability insurance. The Festival may also offer you a small payment in lieu of travel expenses under these circumstances.
Performers must also accept all responsibility for their Tax obligations, Superannuation and Work Cover requirements.
All fees quoted are to be totally inclusive of all costs such as GST, travel, etc.
Please note - if musicians are performing with more than one group they will only receive payment for performance with one group.
Performer applications for 2018 are now CLOSED.