Danebod Lutheran Church
The beautiful Danebod church is one of eleven buildings located on the Danebod campus. The constitution organizing the congregation of the Danebod Lutheran Church was adopted in July 1886. Initially church services were held in the Folk School building and other alternate venues. In April of 1893 a motion was made and passed to build a church on the campus property. The Danebod "cross church," which is patterned after a church at Vallekilde, Denmark, was dedicated in June 1895. Originally the congregation was part of the Danish Evangelical Lutheran Church but has since merged with the Evangelical Lutheran Church of America. Visit their website at http://www.danebodlutheran.org/ and check out their new website.