Orlando Florida is of course known as the land of mice and cheese! Magic Kingdom, Epcot, Animal Kingdom, Universal Studios, Islands of Adventure, Seaworld, and Legoland are just a few of the well known tourist attractions that make the Central Florida area the most magical place on earth.
North of Orlando, Central Florida has a wide assortment of interesting and fun places to visit. Here is short list to tickle your interest:
- Horse Farms, Training, and Events
- Paynes Prairie Preserve State Park
- Ocala National Forest
- Manatee Springs State Park
- Florida Museum of Natural History
- Ft. Island Gulf Beach & Fishing Pier
- St. Augustine
- Ponce Inlet
- Crystal River
Here are more ideas from Florida Backroads Travel.