Honor / Rescue Parade
Chairs: Cindy Simonsen & Terri Janssen
Honor Parade Entry Fee - $15 (made payable to ABTC 2019)
Rescue Parade Entry Fee - No Fee
Location: The Grand Oaks Resort - Will be held between Class Bitch judging and before Winners Bitch.
The Honor Parade & Rescue Parade are one of the highlights each year at the National Specialty. A commemorative booklet featuring the resumes and pictures of entered dogs will be given to each entrant as a memento and will be available to spectators for a nominal donation. Each entry will also receive a rosette ribbon embossed with the name of their dog and a commemorative Tervuren medallion.
Per ABTC Guidelines, the Honor Parade is limited to all Belgian Tervuren eight (8) years of age or older on the date of the Honor Parade and having at least one AKC title or a BAR award. The Honor Parade Committee may review dogs that, because of a health crisis or similar situation, might not survive to the age to qualify for the Honor Parade. Tervuren entered in Best of Breed eligible conformation classes (class dogs/bitches, Best of Breed, non-regular Veteran Dog/Bitch eight years through ten years) are not eligible to participate in the Honor Parade. Dogs and bitches eleven years and older will be allowed to compete both in Best of Breed Veteran classes and the Honor Parade. Honor Parade entrants may also be entered in Veterans Sweepstakes and/or Performance events. A Show Secretary, Show Chairperson and any Specialty Judge who has completed their assignment may enter their eligible Tervuren in the Honor Parade.
Per ABTC Guidelines, the Rescue Parade is limited to dogs and bitches that have been placed through the Belgian Tervuren Rescue Inc., or other rescue organizations/shelters and having their verification as a purebred Tervuren established by an AKC number or ILP number. All Rescue dogs shall be altered. Dogs that have been "re-homed"; i.e. returned to the breeder and/or through the breeder has found a new home, are not eligible for the Rescue Parade. Rescue dogs are not eligible to compete in any Conformation event at the National, but may be entered in any Performance event as well as the Rescue Parade. There is no age limitation.
Submit the following to Terrie Janssen by email at firstname.lastname@example.org, or by USPS at 4465 N Piqua Troy Road, Troy, OH, 45373-8440 (Do NOT mail your entry to the Superintendent)
- A photo of the dog (include the dog's name and your name and address on the back,photos will be returned)
- Registered name and titles for the rosette imprinting
- Call Name
- Registered name and titles of sire and dam (if known)
- Name of owner(s)
- Your name, address, phone number and e-mail address (if available)
- Name of breeder(s) (if known)
- Your dog's date of birth or estimated age if unknown
- A short printed or typed history of the dog in 175 words or less. Chair reserves the right to edit all material submitted. Email submissions of these write-ups will be greatly appreciated!
- $15 entry fee (payable to ABTC 2019) for Honor Parade entries. (If all items are emailed, payment may be submitted with the Specialty Order Form.)