Dr. Sarah Null
Aquatic Habitat, Climate, and Water Analysis (ACWA) Lab
29. Wine, ML, SE Null, RJ DeRose, WA Wurtsbaugh. 2019. Climatization-Negligent Attribution of Great Salt Lake Desiccation: A Comment on Meng (2019). Climate 7(5): 67. DOI: 10.3390/cli7050067.
28. Sims, C, SE Null. 2019. Climate forecasts and flood mitigation infrastructure investments. Southern Economic Journal 85(4): 1083-1107. DOI: 10.1002/soej.12331.
27. Kraft, M, DE Rosenberg, SE Null. 2019. Prioritizing stream barrier removal to maximize connected aquatic habitat and minimize water scarcity. Journal of American Water Resources Association 1-19. DOI: 10.1111/1752-1688.12718.
26. Edwards, EC, SE Null. 2019. The cost of addressing saline lake decline and the potential for water cutback markets. Science of the Total Environment 651(1): 435-442. DOI: 10.1016/j.scitotenv.2018.09.006.
25. Génova, PA, SE Null, MA Olivares. 2018. An economic-engineering method to allocate water between instream and off-stream uses. Journal of Water Resources Planning and Management 145(3): 04018101. DOI: 10.1061/(ASCE)WR.1943-5452.0001026.
24. Ficklin, DL, JT Abatzoglou, SM Robeson, SE Null, JH Knouft. 2018. Natural and managed watersheds show similar responses to recent climate change. Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences 115(34): 8553-8557. DOI: 10.1073/pnas.1801026115.
23. Prudencio, L, SE Null. 2018. Stormwater management and ecosystem services: a review. Environmental Research Letters 13(3): 033002. DOI: 10.1088/1748-9326/aaa81a.
22. Wurtsbaugh, WA, C Miller, SE Null, J DeRose, P Wilcock, M Hahnenberger, F Howe, J Moore. 2017. Decline of the world's saline lakes. Nature Geoscience 10(11): 816-821. DOI: 10.1038/NGEO3052.
21. Null, SE, NR Mouzon, LR Elmore. 2017. Dissolved Oxygen, Stream Temperature, and Fish Habitat Response to Environmental Water Purchases. Journal of Environmental Management 197:559-570. DOI: 10.1016/j.jenvman.2017.04.016.
20. Null, SE, L Prudencio. 2016. Climate change effects on water allocations with season dependent water rights. Science of the Total Environment. DOI: 10.1016/j.scitotenv.2016.07.081.
19. Rheinheimer, DE, Null, SE, CA JH Viers. 2016. Climate-adaptive water year typing for instream flow requirements in California's Sierra Nevada. Journal of Water Resources Planning and Management. DOI: 10.1061/(ASCE)WR.1943-5452.0000693.
18. Beach, T, Null, SE, CA Gray. 2016. An affordable method of thermal infrared remote sensing of wadeable rivers using a weather balloon. Journal of Undergraduate Research VII: 26-31.
17. Null, SE. 2016. Water supply reliability tradeoffs between removing reservoir storage and improving water conveyance in California. Journal of American Water Resources Association 52(2): 350-366. DOI: 10.1111/1752-1688.12391.
16. Elmore, L, SE Null, N Mouzon. 2016. Effects of environmental water transfers on stream temperatures. River Research and Applications. DOI: 10.1002/rra.2994.
15. White, J, SE Null, DG Tarboton. 2015. How do changes to the railroad causeway in Utah’s Great Salt Lake affect water and salt flow? PLoS ONE 10(12): e0144111. DOI: 10.1371/journal.pone.0144111.
14. Hale, RL, A Armstrong, MA Baker, S Bedingfield, D Betts, C Buahin, M Buchert, T Crowl, RR Dupont, J Ehleringer, J Endter-Wada, C Flint, J Grant, S Hinners, JS Horsburgh, D Jackson-Smith, AS Jones, C Licon, SE Null, A Odame, DE Pataki, D Rosenberg, M Runburg, P Stoker, C Strong. 2015. iSAW: Integrating structure, actors, and water to study socio-hydro-ecological systems. Earth's Future. DOI: 10.1002/2014EF000295.
13. Wurtsbaugh, WA, N Heredia, BG Laub, C Meredith, H Mohn, SE Null, D Pluth, BB Roper, WC Sanders, D Stevens, RH Walker, K Wheeler. 2015. Approaches for studying fish production: Do river and lake researchers have different perspectives? Canadian Journal of Fisheries and Aquatic Sciences 72: 149-160. DOI: 10.1139/cjfas-2014-0210.
12. Rheinheimer, DE, SE Null, J.R. Lund. 2015. Optimizing selective withdrawal from reservoirs to manage downstream temperatures with climate warming. Journal of Water Resources Planning and Management. DOI: 10.1061/(ASCE)WR.1943-5452.0000447.
11. Null, SE, J Medellin-Azuara, A Escriva-Bou, M Lent, JR Lund. 2014. Optimizing the Dammed: Water supply losses and fish habitat gains from dam removal in California. Journal of Environmental Management 136, 121-131. DOI: 10.1016/j.jenvman.2014.01.024.
10. Null, SE, ST Ligare, JH Viers. 2013. A method to consider whether dams mitigate climate change effects on stream temperatures. Journal of the American Water Resources Association (JAWRA) 1-17. DOI: 10.1111/jawr.12102.
9. Null, SE, JH Viers. 2013. In bad waters: water year classification in non-stationary climates. Water Resources Research, 49(2): 1137-1148. DOI: 10.1002/wrcr.20097.
8. Null, SE, JH Viers, ML Deas, SK Tanaka, JF Mount. 2013. Stream temperature sensitivity to climate warming in California’s Sierra Nevada: Impacts to coldwater habitat. Climatic Change, 116(1): 149-170. DOI: 10.1007/s10584-012-0459-8.
7. Null, SE, E Bartolomeo, JR Lund, E Hanak. 2012. Managing California's water: Insights from interviews with water policy experts. San Francisco Estuary and Watershed Science, 10(4).
6. Null, SE, JR Lund. 2012. Fish habitat optimization to prioritize river restoration decisions. River Research and Applications, 28: 1378-1393. DOI: 10.1002/rra.1521
5. Ligare, ST, JH Viers, SE Null, D Rheinheimer, JF Mount. 2012. Non-uniform changes to whitewater recreation in California’s Sierra Nevada from regional climate warming. River Research and Applications, 28: 1299-1311. DOI: 10.1002/rra.1522
4. Null, SE, JH Viers, JF Mount. 2010. Hydrologic response and watershed sensitivity to climate warming in California’s Sierra Nevada. PLoS ONE, 5(4):e9932. DOI: 10.1371/journal.pone.0009932.
3. Null, SE, ML Deas, JR Lund. 2010. Flow and water temperature simulation for habitat restoration in the Shasta River, California. River Research and Applications, 26: 663-681. DOI: 10.1002/rra.1288.
2. Null, SE, JR Lund. 2006. Re-assembling Hetch Hetchy: Water supply without O’Shaughnessy Dam. Journal of the American Water Resources Association, 42(4), 395-408.
- Winner of William R. Boggess Best Paper Award, 2006
1. Null, SE, JR Lund. 2006. Restoring Hetch Hetchy Valley: The role of modeling in policy. EOS Transactions AGU, 87(42), 449-451.