Using Podcasts to Learn
- Ideal to listen to when using public transport / walking
- Listen to the podcast
- At the end of the podcast, write down everything you can recall (or make notes on your device/phone)
- Relisten and at the end of the podcast, add to your notes in a different colour (you could redo this again at regular intervals)
- Relisten again with your finger on the pause button. Write 5-10 simple questions to answer one week later (and at further regular intervals)
- Frequently revisit your questions. Relisten to the podcast as part of the revision process and repeat above activities.
- Some podcasts are long. Perhaps stop every 10 minutes to note down key information.
Under the Skin
A fascinating interview with Alister McGrath conducted by Russell Brand:
Author, professor, priest and former atheist Alister McGrath and I discuss the rationality of religious belief, the war between science and religion, and whether faith is still destined to play a central role in the 21st century.
BBC Radio 4 "In Our Time"
In Our Time is a long running show that brings together a number of experts on a topic, but make it accessible to the 'casual listener.
These are also available via iTunes
- New Testament