Idea Fest 2019
Let's add some colors to your creative ideas. Apply now.
Last date: 10th March 2019
Applications for IdeaFest 2019 has been closed.
What is Idea Fest ?
With a vision to promote innovation and entrepreneurship among the students across Kerala and to create an ecosystem for a product culture, the Kerala Startup Mission hosts a yearly pitching event exclusively for college students, the Idea Fest.
Idea Fest provides students an opportunity to present their ideas or college projects, which can be converted to a practical real world solution, in front of an elite panel and the teams which are shortlisted by the panel are offered grants based on the development stage and innovative value of their ideas.
What will the teams get ?
- Upto 2 Lakhs for shortlisted ideas
- Additional grant for ideas with prototypes and prototypes with a customer base.
How to Apply?
The students / teams who gets shortlisted for the Idea Fest - challenges gets a direct entry to the Idea Fest finals and stand a chance to win the grant up-to 2 lakhs & more depending on the stage of their project / idea development. The number of teams per challenge which gets selected will be decided during the final stage of the event
Each independent challenge offers rewards in terms of cash prize, internships etc which are mentioned in the respective challenge page.
- He/She is currently studying in Kerala
- He/She has not received the Idea Grant in the previous editions of Idea Days
- The applicant should give a clear business plan justifying the use of funds.
- If you have an innovative idea or project which can solve a possible real world problem
- If you have a solution to the problem statement listed by the corporates
- Idea grant can be used only for sourcing hardware, components, technology transfer, testing, testing platform creation etc, Grant cannot be used for meeting manpower cost.
Want to Know more about Idea Fest?
History: Idea Fest 2018
Kerala Startup Mission organised the first Idea Fest, an idea competition for college students during the month of April 2018. 44 students got Funding support, 5 students got various IT services support, 8 got mentorship support and 16 got Fab and Future lab support.
How to make a pitch deck:
A pitch deck is a set of slides which you could use as a tool to better guide you to present your idea in front of the investors or the evaluators. Each slide should be simple and minimal, but should convey the content.