CHEMICAL PEEL: Pre and After-Care
How to have the best chemical peel result:
DERMATOLOGIST TIPS FOR GETTING THE BEST RESULTS FROM A CHEMICAL PEEL.
1. One month before the peel: aggressive sun protection
2. One month before the peel, skin priming MAY be advised, this process help your skin to sheds dead skin and obsorb the chemical peel better and have a better end result :
Options 1: We have Anti-aging & Zit Zapper at the salon it contains a few ingredients that helps your skin to take the chemical better such as Alpha Hydroxy Acid and retinol.
Option 2: You can use product that contains Alpha hydroxy acid, salicylic acid, lactic acid and retinol in the market and use it on your skin prior to the chemical peel.
3. One week before stop salicylic acid, bleaching creams, benzoyl peroxide, waxing, electrolysis, plucking, tweezing, threading, sugaring, microplaning, spin brush, facial brushes, facials, masks, reinoids, alpha hydroxy acids, glycolic acid, lactic acid or mandelic acid.
4. Day of peel: do not shave, do not wear cologne/perfume/aftershave
5. Use a soap free cleanser for up to 3 days post peel
6. No scrubs for at least one week post peel.
7. Use a moisturizer for dryness and peeling, but do NOT try and remove peeling skin.
8. No steaming, scrubbing, waxing, bleaching facials for one week post peel.
9. No chlorine water exposure for at least 72 hours (ideally one week) after the peel.
10. Broad spectrum sunscreen needs to be reapplied every 3 hours for the first week post peel. After that, apply at least 3 times a day.
11. Wear a broad brimmed hat and uv face shield for at least one week after the peel. Ideally this behavior is continued indefinitely whenever outdoors to get and maintain results.