This page shows changes to UCINET between versions. Just scroll down to see release notes in reverse chronological order.
- Cleaned up the startup process to eliminate some first-time start-up issues.
- Added Excel command to CLI. Used to start up Excel and transfer data to it. Use like this:
- Added Excel button to toolbar of Matrix editor. It transfers the data directly to Excel without creating an Excel file first.
- Fixed bug in Transform|Symmetrize that was preventing it from calculating density of original matrix
- Fixed bug IPF routine of the CLI. Unless the user specified the number of iterations to use, it used just 1, leaving the job incomplete
- Fixed bug in Matrix spreadsheet editor which made it difficult to use after pressing the New button, because it defaulted to 0 rows and columns
- Fixed problem in matrix editor that would sometimes retain unused/empty columns or rows when saving to a ucinet dataset
- Added dyad census to Cohesion commands in both menu and cli
- Fixed bug in CLI version of Unpack which was assigning all matrices the same label
Note: This installation package includes Netdraw version 2.152 which now features a (primitive) undo facility
- Added feature to Data|Import Text|DL to allow DL files to have comments. Anything following "comment" or "remark" or "/" or "#" in a line will be ignored.
Note: installation package updated 22 May to incude a new help file with proper support for CLI, and to include Netdraw 2.151. This fixes an important bug that now allows UCINET to invoke Netdraw with a 2-mode dataset. For example, in CLI you can now type:
- Added two similar routines in CLI, ccsplit and ciasplit. Both partition a network into two groups based roughly on structural equivalence. CcSplit is the same as the first split obtained by running Networks|Roles & Positions|Structural|ConCorr. Optional parameters include minlev, which specifies the smallest (absolute) value of any correlation. CiaSplit is an experimental routine that is intended to give the same answers as ccsplit, but faster.
Note: the installation package for 6.568 was updated 17 May 2015 to include additional data files
- Added expected values as one of the outputs of Networks|Ego networks|Gould & Fernandez brokerage
- Changed Networks|Centrality|Beta Centrality to allow calculation of either in-centrality (corresponding to in-degree) and out-centrality (like out-degree). In the past, it only computed out-centrality, requiring user to transpose matrix themselves
- In CLI (aka matrix algebra), replaced inv and ginv functions with faster versions. Inv gives the inverse of a square, non-singular matrix. Ginv gives the Moore-Penrose generalized inverse, which can work with non-square matrices and can do a creditable job with singular or nearly singular matrices
- Tools|Symmetrize now calculates a correlation coefficient between the original matrix and the symmetrized matrix in order to assess how much the matrix was changed
- In Tools|Dichotomize Interactively, the variable "Separation" was renamed "Correlation". It gives the correlation between the original matrix and the newly dichotomized one.
- Fixed bug in Matrix Editor in which the Fill function was defaulting to filling zero rows and columns.
- Replaced Networks|Centrality|Information Centrality with faster routine
- Added xtabs routine to CLI. Constructs contingency table of cross-classified frequencies for matrices or vectors. For example, to compare to relations, you might type:
->dsp xtabs(padgm padgb) //padgm = marriage ties, padgb = business ties
or to compare the results of two clustering routines (Split and NCD) you might type:
->dsp xtabs(split(zache) ncd(zache)) //zache is one of the networks in the Zackar datset
- Changed CLI (aka matrix algebra) to accept "structuralholes" instead of just "holes", as in:
->h = structuralholes(campnet)
- Fixed some recently introduced bugs in CLI with handling multiple arguments to functions. Beware that you may need to use full quotes around things that previously didn't need it. Still working on this.
- Replaced information centrality routine with something significantly faster
- Added functions to Matrix Editor for copying row labels to columns and vice-versa
- Fixed bug in outputting expected values from P1 procedure
- Attempted improvements to locating netdraw.exe and setting up temp folder on difficult windows installations
- Installation package includes NetDraw 2.150, which includes a reorganized Layout menu
1-10 of 162