St. Joseph Shrine Catholic Church
Mass Guidelines & Confession
Weekend Masses are Saturdays at 5:00 pm and Sundays at 8:00 and 10:00 am. All Masses are in the Family Center.
I'll do Confessions on Saturday from 3:30-4:30 pm in Church.
For Confession...almost all the doors to the Church will be locked...and anyone who wants Confession can come in through the Breezeway door (which I will leave open when no one is with me). So folks can sit as far away from me as they wish. When the side-breezeway-door is open...I'm available for Confession...when the door is closed...someone is in with me.
Alas...no Confession with screens at this time...face to face only but socially distanced. I'll see how this goes week to week.
Red Cross Blood Drive - June 30
We are having our semi-annual Red Cross Blood Drive on Tuesday, June 30th from 11-5. Several things will be different at this drive. First of all, since we are not having Masses before June 27/28, you will need to make an appointment to schedule your donation time. You can make an appointment by calling the Red Cross at 1-800-RED CROSS (1-800-733-2767) or schedule online at the redcross.org site. Put in our zip code to find the St. Joseph Shrine site. We will not need cookie donations as no outside food is allowed.
Here are some of their safety procedures:
- wearing mask
- no visitors
- no outside or homemade food
- new entry screen station (temperature check, mask hand out, corona exposure screening)
- we sanitize all chairs, tables and beds as the donor moves (you'll see lots of new procedures)
- we have hand sanitizer for all donors and at every station
- we bring gloves for volunteers and sanitizer for all
- no visitors at blood drives
Its not blood drives as usual; less of a community feel and more of a sterile hospital feel. But we are safe and essential and saving lives!!
If you have any questions, please contact Diane Dover at firstname.lastname@example.org or call her at 517-431-2275.
Altar Society Scholarships are available to St. Joseph Shrine students. For more information go to the Altar Society tab under Parish Ministries.
Parish Website Statement
We value the health and safety of the St. Joseph Shrine parish employees and guests. Amidst the COVID-19 pandemic, the St. Joseph Shrine parish has implemented preventive measures in line with recommendations from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC).
Our focus is to ensure we meet the needs of those whom we serve while doing our part to keep our employees and our communities safe. For the latest updates, we recommend the guidance provided at the CDC website (cdc.gov/coronavirus).
Our buildings and worship spaces will continue to be cleaned with disinfectant cleaning supplies regularly.
At this time, we are taking recommended precautions while continuing operations. While some of our employees are able to telework at least most of the time, we have instructed that all employees who work onsite:
- Maintain a safe distance from one another (at least six feet).
- Wash their hands frequently (at least 20 seconds).
- Practice safe hygiene: cdc.gov/healthywater/hygiene/etiquette/coughing_sneezing
- Have hand sanitizer with at least 62% alcohol readily available.
- Wipe down their workspaces at least once per day with sanitizing wipes, which are provided.
- Cover their mouth and nose with a tissue and dispose of the tissue and wash hands. When a tissue is not available, use the crook of the elbow to cover the cough or sneeze.
- Stay home if they are not feeling well or have symptoms such as a fever (100.4° or more) or a cough or trouble breathing.
- Self-quarantine or seek medical treatment when necessary.
We are committed to continuing to serve our parishioners during this time.
Each Sunday, the Diocese of Lansing airs the televised Outreach Mass. The Mass airs at 6:00 AM and 10:00 AM on WLAJ Lansing TV53, and at 10:00 AM on WBSF-TV Flint Channel 46 (CW Network). Please contact your local
cable provider for channel information.
The Outreach Mass is also heard each Sunday at 11:00 AM on WJIM-AM 1240, Lansing, and on Good Shepherd
Catholic Radio Jackson on 1510-AM and 93.3-FM, at 12:00 PM.