Terms and Conditions
These terms and conditions apply to all participants who register to take part in an event organised by Rogue Runs.
1. By registering in the event you are agreeing to be bound by these terms and conditions.
2. You are responsible for reading the details and description regarding the event contained on the websites www.rogueruns.co.uk and www.severnbridgehalfmarathon.co.uk and any other information that may be sent to you by the Event Organiser and agree that you clearly understand what ability is required and what is entailed in participating in the event.
3. Refunds will not be payable if ‘Rogue Runs’ are forced to cancel, or in any way change the event due to war, threat of war, riot, civil strife, industrial dispute, terrorist activity, natural or nuclear disaster, fire or adverse weather conditions or other circumstances amounting to force majeure. In the unlikely event of the cancellation/postponement of sporting events for whatever reason, ‘Rogue Runs’ cannot be held responsible in any way for any monetary loss, inconvenience or any other circumstances outside of our control, including non-refundable events fees.
4. Entry transfers will be possible up to a deadline (published in each event's webpage - normally one week before the event). The entrant is responsible for carrying out this transfer themselves by logging in to the entry provider's system as they did when they first entered. In all but the Severn Bridge Half Marathon, transfers will also be available on the day of the race provided the new entrant brings proof that you give permission for them to have your place. An additional administration fee may be required in some circumstances.
5. If you change your mind or decide to cancel your place because of injury, illness, lack of training or other reason then unfortunately the organisers of the race will not be able to refund your entry fee. See our Refunds and Cancellation policy here for further information.
6. If any details provided by you on registration change, you must notify Rogue Runs in writing (or email) within 24 hours of the start of the race. Rogue Runs reserve the right to cancel your participation in the event if any information provided by you is found to be inaccurate in any way.
7. All participants must be above the minimum age for the advertised distance on the day of the event (Eg. 15 years minimum for 5k, 17 years min for 10k.
8. You are responsible for ensuring that you are medically fit and healthy and have sought appropriate medical advice before undertaking the event. You are also responsible for ensuring that you have undertaken appropriate training and preparation to participate in the event.
9. You agree that you participate in the event at your own risk, and accept that ‘Rogue Runs’ cannot be liable for any personal injury sustained by you in any way or loss or damage to any personal property as a result of your participation in the event.
10. Off-road races require a wide variety of skills, and a judgement that is not necessarily acquired through road running. Whilst Rogue Runs make every effort to minimise certain objective dangers in their off-road runs, the participant needs to understand that the consequences of a fall can be significatly greater compared to falling on the flat level surface of a road. It is the responsibility of the competitor to assess what they see and hear, and to tailor their speed accordingly to suit the terrain under foot.
11. You must abide by any rules or regulations of the event that may be notified to you by the Event Organiser or the venue owners at any point leading up to or at the event. Including the rules of the event's governing body - Association of Running Clubs.
12. You must show respect and courtesy towards other participants, spectators and the Event Team. If you behave in a manner, which in the Event Organiser’s opinion, is contrary to the spirit of the event or in a way which risks the safety of any other participants, spectators or anyone else in attendance at the event, this may result in you being disqualified from the event and being asked to leave the venue.
13. You are responsible for the safe keeping of your own personal possessions and those of any spectators you may bring to the event. Personal possessions left unattended at the venue in any facilities provided or otherwise are left entirely at your own risk.
14. You agree to photographs and video being taken at the event and that images containing you may be used by the Event Organiser either in relation to the event or in order to promote other events organised by ‘Rogue Runs’.
15. By registering you are agreeing to any data provided being used by ‘Rogue Runs’ to contact you regarding other events.
16. All awards must be collected at the event presentation, unless through prior arrangement with the Event Organiser.
17. No personal audio devices e.g. MP3 players, are to be worn during ‘Rogue Runs’ events for safety reasons - you may not be able to hear the approach of other road users or the verbal instructions from Race Officials. Runners not complying with this rule may be disqualified from the event.