Seniors, the application period is NOW OPEN for the 2019 Reading Girl Scout Achievement Award.
Any graduating Reading senior girl whether from Reading Memorial High School, a parochial, private, vocational school or from a home schooling program may apply for the Reading Girl Scout Achievement Award. She must be a currently registered scout (either in a troop or as an individual) as of October 1st of the current school year, must have been active in a troop or as a Juliette for at least four (4) years – two of which were beyond the 5th grade; and is going on to any type of higher education.
To download the application as a PDF or editable file, click here.
The Reading Girl Scout Achievement Award is a scholarship for graduating Girl Scout Seniors from Reading. It is funded through money earning activities by the Achievement Award Committee and through donations from Reading Girl Scout troops.
Troops, won't you consider supporting the Reading GS Achievement Award? Since 1991, troops and families have been supporting this effort and more than $13K has been awarded. Check out and download our information sheet to discuss at your next troop meeting.
Did you know?
- More than $13,000 has been awarded to Reading Girl Scouts.
- The award was created in 1991 by adult members of Reading Girl Scouts.
- The award is NOT underwritten by council.
- The awards are 100% funded by donations from the Reading GS troops, donations and monies raised by the committee
- YOU and YOUR troop can help by donating 4 cents per box of cookies sold.
Donations can be forwarded to:
Girl Scout Achievement Award Committee
c/o Robin Regazzini
157 West Street