- Elected as the Postdoctoral Representative for the Intrinsically Disordered Proteins Subgroup Council of Biophysical Society (2013).
- Postdoctoral Research Award, 5th annual symposium of the Intrinsically Disordered Proteins Subgroup Meeting in 55th Annual Biophysical Society Meeting, Baltimore, MD (2011).
- Recipient of the Excellence in Science Program of American Association for the Advancement of Science (AAAS) Program (2009).
- The Harry B. Weiser Award for the Best Graduate Research, Department of Chemistry, Rice University (2008).
- Robert A. Welch Foundation Pre-doctoral Fellowship, Department of Chemistry, Rice University (2008).
- Merit Scholarship from Indian Institute of Technology, Kanpur, India (2003-2004).
- Qualified National Entrance Test (NET) conducted jointly by UGC-CSIR under Ministry of Human Resources and Development, India for Junior Research Fellowship and Eligibility for Lectureship (2004).
- Ranked 3rd in the all India-based Joint Admission Test for admission to the M.Sc. program in Indian Institute of Technology (IIT) (2003).
- Award under the National Scholarship Scheme of Government of India for outstanding result of B.Sc. (Honors) in Chemistry (2003).
- Graduate Student Travel Award from Office of Dean, Rice University (2007, 2008).
- Edgar O’ Rear Travel Grant, Institute of Biosciences & Bioengineering, Rice University (2007).