PhD (Information Science and Technology)
Department of Computer Science
2012 Ig nobel acoustics prize winner.
Working Address:2-1-1, Tsuda-machi, Kodaira-shi, Tokyo, 1878577, JAPAN
E-mail: qurihara [ at ] gmail.com
My primal research topic is to rethink "flexibility" on presentation tools. In addition, I am
also interested in pen UIs, multi-modal UIs, practical applications of
recognition technologies, and UIs for educational fields.
- Yuichi Murata, Kazutaka Kurihara, Toshio Mochizuki, Buntarou Shizuki, and Jiro Tanaka, "Design of shadows on the OHP metaphor-based presentation interface which visualizes a presenter's actions," In Proceedings of HCII'11, pp.557-564, 2011. ACM Digital Library
- Inagaki, T., Nakagawa, H., Murai, M., Shimizu, M., Nakahashi, Y., Uchigaito, T., Yamamoto, T., Kurihara, K. & Futaki, S. (2011). What do Interactive Whiteboards and Tablet PCs bring to a classroom?. In T. Bastiaens & M. Ebner (Eds.), Proceedings of World Conference on Educational Multimedia, Hypermedia and Telecommunications 2011 (pp. 406-411). Chesapeake, VA: AACE. Ed/IT Diginal Library
- NAGANO Naoshi, KURIHARA Kazutaka, WATANABE Yuta, FUJIMURA Yuichi, MINAZUKI Akinori, HAYASHI Hidehiko, "Development and Evaluation of an Electronic Whiteboard Interface Using Multi-touch and Pie Menus," Educational technology research, Vol.34, No.1(2011), 217-227. CiNii
- Kazutaka Kurihara, Naoshi Nagano, Yuta Watanabe, Yuichi Fujimura,
Akinori Minaduki, Hidehiko Hayashi, Yohei Tutiya, "Toward Localizing
Audiences' Gaze using a Multi-touch Electronic Whiteboard with
sPieMenu," In Proceedings of IUI'11, 2011, pp.379-382, 2011. PDF
- Kazutaka Kurihara, Toshio Mochizuki, Hiroki Oura, Mio Tsubakimoto,
Toshihisa Nishimori, Jun Nakahara, Yuhei Yamauchi and Katashi Nagao,
"Linearity and Synchrony: Quantitative Metrics for Slide-based
Presentation Methodology," In Proceedings of 12th International
Conference on Multimodal Interfaces and 7th Workshop on Machine Learning
for Multimodal Interaction (ICMI-MLMI 2010), pp.33:1-33:4, 2010. PDF
- Kurihara, K., et
al.,"Borderless Canvas: Development of a Multi-display Discussion
Software for Knowledge-emergent Presentations,"ED-MEDIA Conference
Proceedings, pp.3676-3681, 2009. PDF
- Kazutaka Kurihara, Masataka Goto, Jun Ogata, Yosuke Matsusaka, and Takeo
Igarashi, "Presentation Sensei: A Presentation Training System using Speech and
Image Processing," Proc. of ACM ICMI International Conference on Multimodal
Interfaces, pp.358-365, 2007.
Kazutaka Kurihara and Takeo Igarashi, "A Flexible Presentation Tool for Diverse
Multi-display Environments," Proc. of INTERACT 2007, pp.430-433, 2007.
Kazutaka Kurihara, Masataka Goto, Jun Ogata and Takeo Igarashi, "Speech Pen:
Predictive Handwriting based on Ambient Multimodal Recognition," Proc. of ACM
SIGCHI Conference on Human Factors in Computing Systems(CHI'06), pp.851-860,
Kazutaka Kurihara, "A Study on Software Tools for Flexible Presentations,"
Presented at The ACM Symposium on User Interface Software and Technology
Doctoral Symposium (UIST 2006).PDF
Kazutaka Kurihara, David Vronay and Takeo Igarashi, "Flexible Timeline User
Interface Using Constraints," Proc. of ACM SIGCHI Conference on Human Factors
in Computing Systems(CHI'05), pp.1581-1584, 2005.PDF
- Kazutaka Kurihara, Shin’ichiro Hoshino,
Katsu Yamane, and Yoshihiko Nakamura, "Optical Motion Capture System with Pan-Tilt
Camera Tracking and Realtime Data Processing," Proc. of IEEE International Conference
on Robotics and Automation, Vol.2, pp.1241-1248, 2002.