Due to defacement, unregistered users are no longer allowed to edit pages. Please contact us at artfl dawt project AT gmail dawt com
CAUTION! This WIKI is very much under construction.
This Wiki is a repository of information regard Philologic, the open source full-text search and retrieval engine designed and implemented by The ARTFL Project (http://artfl-project.uchicago.edu/) at The University of Chicago (http://www.uchicago.edu).
- Capabilites: what Philologic can do
- Development: How to get and install Philologic. How to load databases and configure search forms.
- Use: From the end-user standpoint, how Philologic works. How to use the search forms and make sense of the results.
- Todo: Bugs and fixes that need to be implemented.
- 3.2Changes: Things we will be changing when we roll out version 3.2
New! OS X Tiger Install Guide: OSXTigerInstall
Even newer!! OS X Leopard Install Guide: Installing PhiloLogic for Leopard
EVEN EVEN NEWER!!! An OS X Snow Leopard Install Guide, dependencies from source: Click it
- Philologic homepage (http://sites.google.com/site/philologicartfl/)
- Troubleshooting - specific problems that often appear and their solutions
- FAQ - how to do certain things
- CharsInWord - punctuation, wordbreaking, what to index, etc.
- UnicodeString - Philo uses Unicode::String, here's how it works
- PhiloLock - new feature to check if another load is running
- Patches - fixes, large and small, to existing system.
- Texttype - details on new philoload option
- Optional Code - "How can I...." Little hacks you might want to implement to do various thing.
- Classics: Perseus under PhiloLogic A wiki page about our Perseus under PhiloLogic implementation