Upgrading visuals, more screen sizes
Post date: May 31, 2010 4:32:06 AM
We put in some work this week to make the app flow properly on multiple screen sizes, including 480x800 (Nexus One) and 480x854 (Droid). We tried to get 320x480 (iPhone-size) working as well, but I'm not sure how well that works.
If you have a 320x480 device, please try version 1.2.1b (available in the Market) and let us know how it goes.
We also made a bunch of little changes:
- The app is locked in Portrait orientation (since there isn't a proper layout for landscape, it just looks bad to try)
- Our email address in the app is tappable (tap that address!)
- When the game gives a Hint to Deal More, the button flashes instead of bounces
- The card icons are now a bit bigger (and easier to tap, I hope), and rounding off some corners
- There's a little graphical indicator of the number of cards left in the deck, and the number of sets captured.
- Vibration when an invalid set is selected, to give a little tactile corrective feedback.
- Multi-player mode! We manage to crowd around a phone and play together, and it would be great to track our scores. We're thinking of adding a little UI element where a player can "claim" a set, so the game can keep multi-player score.
Tell us what you think of our new ideas, and have fun playing 3qual!