Is Allah kind and merciful?
- 1:1, 3, 163
- In the name of Allah, the Beneficent, the Merciful.
- 2:37, 54
- He is the relenting, the Merciful.
- Thou, only Thou, art the Relenting, the Merciful.
- For Allah is Full of Pity, Merciful toward mankind.
- I am the Relenting, the Merciful.
- 2:173, 182, 192, 199, 218
- Allah is Forgiving, Merciful.
- Allah hath sealed their hearing and their hearts, and on their eyes there is a covering.
- Allah taketh away their light and leaveth them in darkness, where they cannot see.
- Those who disbelieve Our revelations, We shall expose them to the Fire. As often as their skins are consumed We shall exchange them for fresh skins that they may taste the torment.
- Lo! those who disbelieve and deal wrong, Allah will never forgive them, neither will He guide them unto a road, Except the road of hell, wherein they will abide for ever. And that is ever easy for Allah.
- The only reward of those who make war upon Allah and His messenger and strive after corruption in the land will be that they will be killed or crucified, or have their hands and feet on alternate sides cut off, or will be expelled out of the land. Such will be their degradation in the world, and in the Hereafter theirs will be an awful doom.
- And the dwellers of the Fire cry out unto the dwellers of the Garden: Pour on us some water or some wherewith Allah hath provided you. They say: Lo! Allah hath forbidden both to disbelievers (in His guidance).
God ordered his messenger to convey this about him:
15:49 Tell My servants that I am indeed the Oft-forgiving, Most Merciful;
15:50 And that My Penalty will be indeed the most grievous Penalty.