Is each person be free to believe as he or she wishes?
||Yes, but disbelievers ... |
- There is no compulsion in religion. 2:256
- Whosoever will, let him believe, and whosoever will, let him disbelieve. 18:29
- Unto you your religion, and unto me my religion. 109:6
- are not loved by Allah.
- Allah loveth not the disbelievers. 3:32
- He loveth not the disbelievers. 30:45
- will be tormented forever in hell.
- Lo! We have prepared for disbelievers Fire. Its tent encloseth them. If they ask for showers, they will be showered with water like to molten lead which burneth the faces. Calamitous the drink and ill the resting-place! 18:29
- Whoso seeketh as religion other than the Surrender (to Allah) it will not be accepted from him, and he will be a loser in the Hereafter. 3:85
- will be shunned by believers.
- Let not the believers take disbelievers for their friends in preference to believers. 3:28
- They long that ye should disbelieve even as they disbelieve ... choose not friends from them. 4:89
- Choose not disbelievers for (your) friends in place of believers. Would ye give Allah a clear warrant against you? 4:144
- Take not the Jews and the Christians for friends. ... He among you who taketh them for friends is (one) of them. 5:51
- Do ye give them friendship when they disbelieve? 60:1
- are the enemies of believers.
- The disbelievers are an open enemy to you. 4:101
- If they ... assail your religion, then fight the heads of disbelief. ...
Fight them! Allah will chastise them at your hands, and He will lay them low and give you victory over them 9:12-14
- Fight against such of those who have been given the Scripture as believe not in Allah. 9:29
- Fight those of the disbelievers who are near to you, and let them find harshness in you. 9:123
- will be killed by believers.
- They long that ye should disbelieve even as they disbelieve ... take them and kill them wherever ye find them. 4:89
- Slay the idolaters wherever ye find them, and take them (captive), and besiege them, and prepare for them each ambush. 9:5
Yes everyone has the freedom to believe or not, but he is the one who will bear the consequences. It doesn't help if you are forced to believe because God looks at your heart and not at your outer actions only.