This section lists several of the available resources for a member care library.
Be sure to also see the comprehensive listing of books and articles at http://crossculturalworkers.com/
1. A listing of over 50 core books related to member care. The books are organized in categories according to Sphere Four (eight domains of Special Care) in the international-macro member care model. The attachment also includes several web sites related to member care and humanitarian assistance.
Update July 2012: 60+ Books
Update March 2014 (with additional updates as of April 2016)
2. Part One in Doing Member Care Well: Perspectives and Practices from Around the World (2002).
Many of the book chapters are available in Arabic, Chinese, Portuguese, and Spanish. (Note 2016: online versions in English an Korean are available HERE. More information on translations etc. HERE on this website.
3. The 50 chapters from Helping Missionaries Grow: Readings in Mental Health and Missions (1988), including links to audio files.click here
4. The special issue on member care, International Journal of Frontier Missions, October 1995 (Volume 12:4).
5. The 25 chapters in Missionary Care: Counting the Cost for World Evangelization (1993).
The five sections include: MC Overview, Counseling/Clinical Care, Team Development, Mission Agencies, and Future Directions.
6. Information on the Global MCA website about the Global Member Care book series, (three volumes) including the first book (2011)--The Pearls and Perils of Good Practice and the second book (2013)--Crossing Sectors for Serving Humanity.