- MRU is committed to educating retirees on issues so they can intelligently lobby. Some of the present issues are:
- Repeal of the Government Pension Offset (GPO) attached to Social Security.
- Repeal of the Windfall Elimination Provision (WEP) attached to Social Security.
- Protection of health benefits for all retirees.
- Allowing retirees the benefit of subtracting their health care premium costs from their Pension/Social Security before federal and state taxation.
- Raising the base of the Cost of Living Adjustment (COLA).
- Extending the penalty reductions of Options B & C of the State Pension selection to all who retired prior to July 1, 2004.
- Assuring retirees representation and a vote on all local Insurance Advisory Committees (IAC), as mandated by state law.