October 21, 2012
Post date: Oct 21, 2012 1:52:51 PM
Wow...we are really moving along! Thanks to all who have jumped in to help get our group going! Well needed after 44 years of PROUD INDIANS!!!
We are currently showing OVER 350 members....I have a personal goal of wanting to see at least 500 before the end of this year...please help me out and ASK others to join! We will be more successful with a larger group!
Here are some updates:
1) NEXT MEETING- Our next meeting is tomorrow night (Monday, 10/22) at 6pm. This is usually held in the school library BUT we will be meeting in the "Conference Room" across the hall this time. Please enter the school through the main doors (not the outside library door) as the library will be occupied. ALL ARE WELCOME and we hope you will join us!
2) "HARVEST BOUNTY BASKET"- WORTH OVER $2,000!!! Tickets are only $1 each or 6/$5! This is our first fundraiser and the support of our community in donations towards this basket was overwhelming! PLEASE thank all the contributors (list of included items and contributors attached...2 night stay in OC, 2 golf packages, over 12 Food/Restaurant Gift Cert....etc)! Also, be sure to buy YOUR tickets...available at home football games (10/26 & 11/2), Selbyville Halloween Parade (this Wednesday), IR Cross Country meet on 10/30, Delaware Appliance Distributors in Frankford, or by calling Marla @ 302-245-5648. The winning ticket will be drawn at our "Meet & Greet" at The Cove on 11/3! GOOD LUCK!!!
3) SELBYVILLE HALLOWEEN PARADE- Yes...we will be setting up in the PNC parking lot with our "Harvest Bounty Basket" and alumni information this Wednesday night, 10/24! WE NEED VOLUNTEERS....to be at our table selling tickets (and hopefully some sign-ups) and some to "walk the crowd" to sell tickets! This will be a "new venue"...not just the IR Football game attendees so we should have a lot of interest! PLEASE let me know if you can help out.....or at least stop by to BUY YOUR TICKETS!!! (Thank you to the Fenwick Island Lions Club for allowing us to set up at this venue!!!)
4) "MEET & GREET"- Our first "social event" will be at The Cove, Bayside in Fenwick on Saturday, 11/3. The event is from 4-6pm with appetizers (Fruit, Cheese & Vegetable display, Potato Skins & Crab Dip w/ "Toasted Points & Gourmet Crackers") including non-alcoholic beverages. Happy Hour bar prices will be available. Cost is only $10 per person....pay at the door but RSVP's are requested for food planning. Please contact Marla at 302-245-5648 or IndianRiverAlumni@gmail.com to RSVP by 10/25. We hope to see 44 years (1969-2012) of graduating classes represented...along with current or past staff/administration and guests! Please help spread the word....join us! This will be the evening that the lucky winner of our "HARVEST BOUNTY BASKET" will be drawn!!!
5) REUNIONS- Last but not least, we want to help spread the word on upcoming IRHS Reunions!
Class of 1982 - 30 Year Reunion: 10/27 at Mickey's Crab House..contact Louie Travalini at 302-745-2499 for more info.
Class of 1992 - 20 Year Reunion: (Need info on this upcoming reunion...please contact us!)
Congrats to the Classes of 1972, 2002, 1987, & 1977 on their recent reunions!!!
Thank you....I.R. PRIDE!!!
Ruth Ann Marvel (Class of 1978)